Hello, Burberry-ites! A question for you . . .

1. it seems old

2. Those are classics!

3. Moth holes.........
    maybe it's better to get a new trench w/o a name?

4. I got it and it looks really good. The holes are teeny-tiny (and just in one small spot) and the exterior looks lovely. It has the heavy zip-out lining, which is great because my daughter goes to college in Chicago. And it was only $86!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Here are couple more photos. I've decided that for $86 I did great!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. not 100% sure, but I think the trench might be a fake. I thought burberry didn't have an "S" on the end.

7. I am certianly not a Burberry expert, but if its real and lets all hope it is, the older the better I say. This looks extremely classic and the colors are fabulous. The more faded the better and give me lots of holes and I would be happier. Thats me!

8. On the new burberry, there's definitely no 's' at the end. I don't know if they did on the old ones.........

9. Actually, this tag is correct for older items. The company used to be known as Burberrys, but they dropped the "s" five or six years ago. Here is a link to a helpful resource, the Vintage Fashion Guild. This is the vintage label search page. Type Burberrys in the search and it will show you correct vintage labels.

vfg Labels

10. oh good, thanks for showing us!

11. Boy, that is very interesting. Thx for sharing!

12. Thank you so much for telling me. I kept looking to see about the "s" on the end on the internet. The reason I was wondering was this, a lady who I know had told me that burberry, spelled with an "s" on the end was always fake. So I assumed that it was that way. I apologize, I certainly did not know. :yes: I really like that site, it is very helpful. Thank you so much.

13. Adorable coat! Very classic and I love it! Congrats on your purchase.

14. dmitchell -- Gosh, nothing to be sorry for. This Burberry vs. Burberrys thing is confusing. I heard that they changed it to simply Burberry because no one knew where to put the apostrophe. Burberry's, Burberrys', Burberrie's, etc. I don't know if that's true, though. I'm pretty sure the coat is authentic. I has the tag in the left pocket like it's supposed to, etc. But there's always a seed of doubt. For me, at least.