Heavy Stella Bag?

Coldplaylover

Mar 8, 2006
Is it just me or do you think the Stella is too heavy? My first Stella in black I got the year it came out and the zipper kept getting stuck and there were real buckles you had to open for the pockets. The next was a gift from last year, the Stella in red with the easy push buckles and no problem zipper. However, the bag always feels unusually heavy!

I have one from a few years ago, with a cloth interior, and I think it's a bit lighter than the ones with a suede interior. It is a heavy bag, but I look at it as a workout ;) .

I have 4 Stellas (ok, maybe I have a wee problem?). One is from the first season, with buckles and a suede lining, two are later bags with brushed nickle pushlocks and cloth linings, and the fourth is one of the reissued bags with buckles and a suede lining. The first bag is definitely the heaviest, followed by the forth bag and then the two cloth-lined bags.

But I don't find them very heavy. I mean, I use them as work bags, full of stuff, so my stuff is heavy, but the bags themselves aren't terribly heavy. They just work well for me, I can wear them on the shoulder or hand carry and are just wonderful!

If I carry my Stella for too long it starts to feel heavy... but if I have a chance to set it down every now and then I'm fine with it. I definitely prefer the size (and weight) of the Sofias.

My ivory one is a bit heavy as well...but I am personally finding all my bags are heavy! My friend was holding my paddy for me today and she said it felt like a bag of coals!! Maybe it's what I'm lugging around with me!

I hear you ladies. I have one in black with the cloth lining -- bought it because of the size thinking I'd use it as a book bag, and seriously everytime I carry it it kills my shoulders... but, I love how it looks! :sad: So I too, think of it as a work out... and try to avoid heavy books in the bag when I do take it out.