Heavy Bags

after using Coach legacy (heavy bag) i really have to admit it feels great to carry a light bag. nowadays i do look out for light weight bags when buying bags (:heart: LV speedy :biggrin:).

Lady*Blue is right - it's not necessarily the designer, but the specific bag (even the same style from season to season can be different). Obviously hardware is a big factor, but also lining (leather lining, though more luxe, is heavier) and the type of leather (the stiffer, "thicker" leather will be heavier than smooshy leather).

i just got a marc by marc jacobs bag yesterday as a gift from my parents --but i had to return it because it was soo heavy it made my shoulder hurt! so today i bought a balenciaga day because they're so lightweight.

I posted this in the Coach thread, but I will post it here as well.

This is the new "Miranda" bag in Bordeaux from Coach. It is one beautiful bag, but so heavy; just like the chloe, this bag is also 4.1 lbs empty.

Attachments

• miranda1.JPG
    miranda1.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 52
  • miranda8.JPG
    miranda8.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 78
that's so true lady blue. It is about what is on the bag that makes it so heavy. Yes, leather choice is important, but also what is loaded on top. believe it or not, pockets are heavy when made up in cow leather.

My lightest bag is my Balenciaga Brief. It looks big, but it is not heavy at all and I have alot of stuff in there. My heaviest was my Juicy Couture lock key bag. The bag itself was really soft leather, but the lock added to much to it and I ended up selling it on Ebay.

I tend to find most Botkier bags (i.e., Trigger, Bombay, Carlton), Gryson, some Koobas, MBMJ, Michael Kors, Chloe, IF, Marc Jacobs, and Coach leagacy bags heavy.

As far as light bags there's BBags, Gustto, Botkier Bianca, some Betsey Johnson bags. I've noticed most of these bags have light, thin leather so they are pretty light.

surprisingly, my bag, the sak quilted leather is very light even if i put umbrella, a bag of banana chips, some odds and ends. and medium-sized too!! take note: i have almost an S-shaped back coz of my scoliosis!! great bag for the price!!