Heaviness/bulkiness of the GST..?

I feel your pain. i think all chanel bags are heavy. It's such a delimma. I bought and returned several until I found one that is pretty light. It weighs only 2.8 punds with my stuff and it's the vinyl Rock and Chain. It's stunning and light. i always thought that the medallion tote was on the lighter side though. I guess I was wrong.

I thought my medallion was heavy too until I got used to carrying it(a few weeks later). I actually used it for my entire trip(4 days) to Las Vegas and it was fine. Try it a few more times and see if it still bothers you.

I used my Medallion just today and didn't find it at all heavy with a small wallet, Chanel sunnies hard case and small paddle brush. The GST is definitely heavier... your arm may fall off!

My GST can get heavy, but I literally load it for school. (Today i carried: notebook, agenda, book, wallet, keys, make up bag with stuff in it, sunglasses case, pens, pencils, filled coin purse and water bottle) so it was a little heavy. BUT it can fit so much, looks great and without the water bottle weight its actually comfortable!

Does it stay on the shoulder well? Or do you find it sliding off because of the large boxy shape?

I have trouble carrying it on my narrow shoulders, but that's just me. I find if I am wearing a jacket or structured top (I need light shoulder pads altered into all of my clothes 'cause of my wimpy shoulders) I do okay. I don't think the Medallion tote is as heavy as the GST because it doesn't have the chains and it's slightly smaller. I think a GST is a perfect bag for school and business. IMHO the medallion is slightly dressier because it's not an open tote. I have also considered the tucking of shoulder strap into the other shoulder strap as suggested by fellow tPFers and it seems to help!
It's not that rigid that it is hard to carry. I consider my LVs more structured and rigid than my GST. It gets smooshy but in a good way.
Hoped not to confuse you....
Judy

Prior to purchasing my PST, I looked at the GST and wondered just how heavy it could become. I also worried about the straps staying up on my shoulder. In any event, I decided against it and went with the PST and thus far I am very happy. The straps stay up fairly well and it is currently holding my wallet, lotion, make-up bag, keys, misc. small items in the side pockets, a small paperback book and my umbrella. I have my cell and blue tooth in the outside pocket. I think that speaks volumes for what it can hold. It is also comfortable whether I have it over my shoulder or holding it in my hand. The only thing I wish was that it zipped. Good luck to any of you torn between these two bags.

One of the straps always slides off my shoulders too. Criss-crossing one over the other helps to keep them on. I keep my wallet and checkbook in the zippered section and everything else random in the two outside pockets. Pushing then bag behind you when carrying it on the shoulder helps versus having it straight at your side.

Hello,everyone,i recently purchased black GST in caviar---I love the bag,but its just toooo heavy and i just cant get used to it,and one of the:confused1: handles is constantly slipping off the shoulder.What do you guys think---do u feel that it is heavy for you,who has this bag and how u deal with it??Do u think it is something that u can get used to????Thanks

I actually was considering that bag, until I kept reading everyones complaints about weight....I am a newbie to Chanel (now have 2), but was also wondering if all Chanel's are heavy because of the chain...(I have a Diagonal Flap and now a Cotton Club Tote, although the totes chains are thinner and probably weighs a little less than the flap, they are considerably heavier than any LV's I own. Mind you I don't put too much in them...