Heath Ledger Dead at 28

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heath Ledger is Dead
    Posted Jan 22nd 2008 4:40PM by TMZ Staff
    [​IMG]TMZ has learned that 2006 Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger has died in NY.

He was found dead in his bed in one of his residences in Soho by his housekeeper at 3:35 PM ET today. Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they believe it was not a crime, adding prescription pills were found near his body.

The 28-year-old actor has a two year old daughter with former fiancee Michelle Williams -- they separated in September, 2007. He plays The Joker in the upcoming Batman film, "The Dark Knight."

According to NYPD a masseuse arrived at Ledger's apartment and was let in by a housekeeper. When he didn't answer his bedroom door, the housekeeper and the masseuse opened it and found him unconscious. They attempted to wake him, and when they couldn't they called 911.

We're told when paramedics responded, the actor was in full cardiac arrest. They attempted to perform CPR on him, but were unsuccessful. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Ledger may be best known for his groundbreaking role as Ennis in "Brokeback Mountain."

Story developing...
  2. What a shame. So sad.
  3. So sad!
  4. I opened fox news...and saw that and just jumped and jolts shot thru my body. I was shocked
  5. I'm sure these will all get merged eventually, so I will just comment in this thread.

:wtf: <-- that's my face right now. Guy in the cube next to me peeped over and asked if I liked Heath and was like "he died". It's very surreal. These people's characters die, not them! Esp at such a young age! He has a baby daughter :sad: this is so sad!
  6. yeah my blood ran cold and i just jumped. just shocking.
  7. Wow, I'm shocked.
  8. That's my face too. I thought I read it wrong. This is so sad.
  9. The news makes me sick. I feel like crying. I've been a fan of his since "10 Things I Hate About You." I'm having trouble believing the news is real. Sorry, I probably sound really stupid, but I just can't believe it.
  10. so shocking and sad
  11. Very surreal, we seem to lose so many talented people these days. I heard he was with the Olsen twins last night, I hope that wasn't true.
  12. :sad: Very sad and shocking.
  13. Wow. I'm shocked. I didn't even know until I opened this thread.

Poor little Matilda.
  14. I am profoundly saddened as well... I wonder if Michelle found out through the media.. they announced it soooo fast!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.