Heartbroken...

1. I titled this thread "heartbroken" because I went for my ultrasound today and found out my precious baby doesn't have a heartbeat. I would have been 12 weeks tomorrow. :sad:

So tomorrow morning I will be getting a DNC. I've never had surgery before, and it just seems so wrong. I'm so heartbroken, yet emotions come and go...

Anyone else out going thru/have gone thru this and have any advice?

2. Prayers and hugs to you, I'm very sorry.
    I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow.

I'll be thinking about you, and praying for you.

3. Thank you bobobags. That really makes me feel better.

4. Oh goodness. I am so sorry and yes I too have lost a child before. It's such a difficult time! I hope everything went okay today. It may take a while to get over but time does help. I am sure you will have no problems having a healthy baby in the future. I did. And remember it's not your fault. I will keep you in my thoughts!

5. I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sending you good wishes, and I hope tomorrow goes well. *hugs*

6. I am so sorry for your loss ... I hope the surgery will go well. Please take care of yourself.

<<<HUGS>>>

7. :sad: this just hurts my heart.

8. Oh Sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear about this... :sad:

9. We are SO sorry!

We're here if you want to talk.

10. USC, I'm very sorry to hear this. Please take care of yourself.

11. I titled this thread "heartbroken" because I went for my ultrasound today and found out my precious baby doesn't have a heartbeat. I would have been 12 weeks tomorrow. :sad:

(((((hugs)))))) This makes me so sad. I'm sorry this happened to you.

So tomorrow morning I will be getting a DNC. I've never had surgery before, and it just seems so wrong. I'm so heartbroken, yet emotions come and go...

Anyone else out going thru/have gone thru this and have any advice?

Yes, pretty much the same as how it happened for you. It was my first pregnancy. DH and I went in for the 12 heart beat reveal, and there was none. I had no symptoms, no bleeding, nothing to indicate that the baby was no longer living. I was absolutely devastated. I also hadn't shared with hardly any people except family that I was pregnant in the first place....so I didn't have a whole lot of people to talk to about it with.

I was scheduled to have a D & C the following morning, but ironically later that night I started bleeding. I decided against the D & C and chose to miscarry without intervention. IMO, that was a huge mistake. Besides nearly hemorraging (sp?) while experiencing horrible contractions, I bled off and on for 4 months after that. I was so frustrated.

About 7 months after the miscarriage, I got pregnant again. That baby is now 11. :heart: I didn't keep that pregnancy a secret...it took that first one to help me realize that even if there is a chance that a baby can die...each pregnancy needs to be acknowledged and celebrated.

I have had a total of 4 pregnancies. I lost the first and third. For my last pregnancy, my doctor had me on supplemental progesterone since by then my track record for keeping a pregnancy wasn't that great.

Hang in there. The most healing thing for me was to cry my eyeballs out in the shower. The tears just flowed, but it made me feel better. You still have a ton of raging pregnancy hormones inside right now...my Mom says crying is how you help unleash and get rid of them. :yes: Day by day it gets a bit easier.

You might find that people will tell you that it was meant to be, or there was something wrong with the baby, you're young~you can try again, etc. etc. and may possibly tell you to just get over it. To the outsider, they don't realize how much this trivializes the situation. It was YOUR baby that you lost...you can grieve how little or how much you need to.

DH may not understand that you'll need extra TLC for a while to come. He may not show it, but he does too.

I wish you a quick recovery from your surgery tomorrow.

PM if you need anything or just want to talk.

12. Thanks everyone, I woke up in the middle of the night, feeling it hard to breathe...and here I am. Thank you all for your well wishes.

13. So sorry for your loss.

14. I am so sorry for your loss. I know how you are feeling right now. I didn't have a miscarriage but I did lose me daughter when she was two months old. Unfortunately she caught sepsis and her condition worsened over nights. My tragedy happened four years ago but I still grieve just about everyday wondering how things would have been if things would have went differently. I know my daughter is in a better place but I just don't think its something that I will ever get over :sad:

15. I am so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you tonight.