Heart-shaped diamond : Please help me figure out about its setting

Thank you all of you so much

I think I will definitely have it set with side diamonds. But this diamond exceeded my bf budget so I'll have to wait for a while.:sweatdrop:

I love the first on Vancleef fan posted. I also like the yellow heart that Chaz posted but I think if the center diamond is white, it may not look as beautiful as a contrasted-color one. I also think that because the diamond is beautiful by itself so I don't want to surround it to make any distraction.

Thanks again. If I have it set, I will share it with all of you:graucho:

home_image.406596.jpg

pae, could you just mount it on a basic tiffany style setting for now since you reached the top end of your budget? Then on an anniversary you could mount it in a setting. This way you have a year or more to look and make a choice w/o being rushed.
We're doing this w/ my new upgrade and I like it so much on it's plain little band I may keep it this way!

OMG...that ring posted is owned by an acquaintance of mine.^^ I wonder if she knows it is posted? The side profile of it is stunning! Do you have the pic, Chaz?

I found this on Google images,I thought the setting was a good example to show,I'll go back and see if I can find the origin of the pic and I'll let you know.Not good if she does'nt know its on the web!!!!

heartt2.jpg

Ok,found the side veiw,it apparently originates from pricescope,with a couple of other pics and a post by a lady. I did'nt realise when you put something on a forum its up for grabs over the whole web!!! Thats a bit of an eye opener!!!

That is a lovely example of a heart, it can be hard to find a well cut one, but that one is beautiful, congrats!

As to the setting, as with any fancy shape with pointed edges such as pear, marquise etc, make sure the tip of that heart is well protected. Even though that is a ' chubbier' heart, you still want to make sure the tip is covered.