Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child

1. a.k.a. HSHHC
    I HIGHLY recommend this book to all Mom's if your baby is over 3 months old.
    Before 3 months it's hard to predict sleep paterns effectively, but after about 12 weeks, you can clearly see the pattern if you know what to look for.
    This book isn't a schpiel about making the baby cry or anything like that, it simply shows you the signs to watch for and how to know when to put the baby down BEFORE they become so overtired they can't fall asleep.
    I used this for my twins and it saved me, only wished I had known about it for my DD.

2. I read this...it really does work. Belle sleeps more at night now and stays up most of the day with me. Great book!!

3. I can't wait to read it. Owen is only a little over 2 weeks old so we have a ways to go but I hope to gain a lot from this book. I've heard numerous raves about it.

4. My baby is currently 2 months old and she sleeps normally. She sleeps well at night, from 9PM upto 4:30 AM... But the thing is, I can't sleep as early as 9PM as she does! And when she wakes up at 4:30, I'm still sleepy!

5. thanks swanky i think this will be great for my little guy; he is currently 17 days old and i am looking forward to read it so i can better understand his pattern. off to amazon now to buy it!

6. i have posted about this book many times. i can not STRESS THE IMPORTANCE of this book!!! we started with it around 4/5 months. our baby sleeps regularly, through the night, takes naps, etc., and is a very, very happy child. i owe it ALL to marc weissbluth. i refer to it regularly- i even gave a copy to our pediatrician. (her baby was having sleep issues!)

7. My baby sleeps through the night, but sometimes he gets restless. I don't know whether its teething or something else. I'm definitely going to have to get the book this weekend. I'm sure I can learn a thing or two.

8. My 3 year old STILL doesn't always sleep through the night. My 10 month old started sleeping through the night at about 10 weeks, but ever since his first tooth came in around 5 months now he doesn't sleep through the night. Do you think this book would help him or is he too old?

9. I think I was very lucky with Julia since she started sleeping through the night at an early age. We pretty much have the same sleep schedule now...Bed at around 10 or 11 and then up from anywhere between 6 and 8. She will occasionally wake up in the middle of the night to nurse, but that's only once in a blue moon

10. 3 months and up is PERFECT for this book:yes:
    You could start using some tipcs earlier, like how soon they should go back down after waking.

11. Thanks for posting, I'm going to look for it on Amazon now.:smile:

12. Thanks for the recommendation Swanky! Brianna is sleeping pretty good but I think I'm going to order it.

13. thanks for the reco, swanky! i have a 7-year old and am pregnant with my 2nd (due in june so i'm a long ways away).
    my first, though she is a sweetheart, was a horrible sleeper. i was sleep deprived for years! i realize now that it's mostly my fault. i will definitely get this book.

14. the author actually blames parent's for "robbing" their children of learning to sleep, but not in a mean way ;) he really put things into perspective for me!

15. thanks swanky! im going to research it right now from amazon. my son is 5 months old, and still wakes up once or twice a night! im hoping this book will help us out!