he says I like you

Everyone else here has said the same thing I would. And when it comes to 30+ partners, I would worry about STD's! Stay away! You deserve better!

LisaG719 said:
I agree as well. To me it comes across that this guy is only interested in hooking up. Steer clear and wait for a guy to come along that is looking for the same type of relationship that you are looking for - be that innocent flirting or not.

:yes: That guy is sooo into only hooking up.

I don't think the 30+ partners is scary. It's more scary if they don't use protection and don't get checked. There are guys out there that hook up and don't use protection and could've had only 3 partners.. that doesn't in no way mean they are clean. :yucky: They can have a std.

I think 30 + partners by 24 is totally normal and there is nothing wrong with if they get regular check ups (not only the pee test, the culture test too) :lol:, and use protection.

Ok, so no partners would also scare me more! Especially by 24, seriously that means the guy cannot relate to women. I've dated Phds before, I don't think being busy w/studies is an excuse.

I have to say I don't think that so many partners by 24 is a big deal, but he's already said that he just wants to have fun and you seem more serious, so why risk it? I probably wouldn't be friends in that case - if I was really attracted and the guy wasn't serious but if you don't mind and enjoy the flirting, why not?

for me 30 partners scare me. I do prefer my guy sealed and unopened, but in the world like today (at least in oz) doesnt exist anymore really, may be those guys are found in church or IT ( I am stereotyping)!

the max I can take is probably 5 for asians, 8-10 for aussie. I prefer my guy never had one night stands ( is it possible for a relatively outgoing good looking?), the STD part does bother me too. After all, U sleep with the people ur partner sleptwith if protection is not use.

The attitude here in oz is.. no virgins, virgins are needy and problematic. Its better to have experienced partners.Different culture perhaps? I can understand this, certainly its a better experience with an experienced person ( but not too experienced cos I am not)

he says just havent found the right person yet. Out of the 5 he seriously dated, he loved 2 of them cos they dont need him. he did take them to meet his parents too. I think thats pretty good sign for an aussie as they are commitment phobic. I havent even taken 1 boyfriend to see my dad ( I have had 4), my parents are separated and my dad is very strict (I am 25 I know!) , I only want him to meet the last one I am going to marry. Told the oz guy that, he said he want to meet my dad (what the?) and he wants to meet my mom too(she is visiting me). He said if he were myboyfr, would be pretty pissed if I wont let him meet my parents. thats why I am confused, he sometmes look as if he wants to just hook up, sometimes he says things like he does think its going to get serious. He also asked if I think we are goin to make a good couple, my answer was.. are we going to even make it as a couple. He said he think will work, even different, he thinks we understand each other. He did also enquire how religious I am, how conservative I am.

out of the 4 I had loved 1, I thought love the first 3, but after I met the forth, I cancelled out what I thought was love.
I love him cos he is serious and he has to be with me almost everyday, not needy, but its nice to have someone feel that way about u. We still do our own stuff & have our own friends, but we do meet everyday even juz for dinner/lunch.

are you ladies married?

he has asked me like 10x to gon on a date but I keep saying no, mostly cos I already have plans. ALso, I would have gone on a date with him but the places that he asks me out too.... what he wants to do.. pubs, drinking, spanish dancing ( all this fun but .. I dont want to be alcohol induced cos I cant think straight, plus his house juz down the road from spanish club!) and ice skating (just a NO for me
shake.gif
) why cant he ask me out on a normal date.. like just dinner, beach, movie?

luvmilo said:
why cant he ask me out on a normal date.. like just dinner, beach, movie?
Why not ask him that? :idea: Maybe he thinks you'd like the stuff he's got in mind (the pubs and spanish club)? I'm trying to think positive here still!

i will ask him about that why cant we go to date like normal ppl :smile:

I also want to ask what kind of relationship is he looking for? ( is that ok? told my guyfriend, he said. dont be stupid.. just flirt & see how it goes .. ????!!!)

could it be that cos mates are very imp to him, he needs his friends approval of moi? thats why ask me out to drinking & spanish dancing.

yeah u can see I am still tempted. I am considering ur comments & warnings very very carefully, cos they are verrry true.

well lets see.. class is over, I dont actually have a routine to meet up anymore. If we were to meet up, its must be arranged.

i cant ask him whether he use protection with his 30 partners hahah.. thats too private ?

luvmilo said:
I also want to ask what kind of relationship is he looking for? ( is that ok? told my guyfriend, he said. dont be stupid.. just flirt & see how it goes .. ????!!!)

i cant ask him whether he use protection with his 30 partners hahah.. thats too private ?
For the first question, why not? Asking him would be seeing what he's looking for and if he's serious or not. He may lie or fib but at least you have a better idea.

Second question, I wouldn't ask that....yet. I don't know when you'd ask that or how......maybe someone else can chime in.

I think you should wait to ask some of these questions until you decide whether or not you like him. As for the protection question, there doesn't seem to be any point in asking that right now, correct? Also, I know lots of people who like hanging out in groups first so the dancing/clubs/bars thing doesn't seem so strange to me - it actually can take some pressure off.

I think as far as wanting to meet your father he just means that he thinks that's a normal thing and not such a big deal.

luvmilo said:
for me 30 partners scare me. I do prefer my guy sealed and unopened, but in the world like today (at least in oz) doesnt exist anymore really, may be those guys are found in church or IT ( I am stereotyping)!

I just have to answer this part as it's quicker, the other part requires more thought which I'll get to when I'm more coherent. I just want to say that guys who are "sealed and unopened" DO exist! Just because a guy is over 25 and still a virgin does not mean he has issues. I know several guys who are like that and they are some of the nicest and most genuine people I've ever met! They're not computer geeks, and they are not ugly. And honestly if it weren't for the fact that I already have an SO, I would've considered these guys - I just met them too late.

Anyways, in their case, they hadn't done the deed because 1) the relationship has not gotten to that level when they broke up with the girl 2) they hadn't had time to get a serious girlfriend (I can testify, once I start working it's hard for me to meet people unless I date coworker, which is a big no for me) 3) they just fell through the cracks. Out of all the guys whom I know who are "sealed and unopened", NONE of them actually go to church. Church IS a good place to find a nice guy BUT please be aware that there are people who go to church just to hook up these days (they call it the meat market - argh, it's so wrong to go to church for the reason IMO). The point is, there're plenty of reasons that a guy can be a virgin. I personally think it's a plus when a guy is a virgin considering how hard it is to find one these days.:flowers: But that's just my opinion.

With regards to this guy, he's giving you mixed signals and inconsistent answers. Also, that whole talk about wanting to meet your parents ... I don't buy that. He barely knows you and yet here he is saying something like this? he's just telling you what you want to hear to get close to you. Do NOT fall for that. Honestly, I think this guy is bad news. He is just telling you what you want to hear, don't fall for it. He seems like one of those bad boys who is up to no good ... As for asking whether he uses protection ... if I were you and if you do get to that level where you want to be intimate with him ... don't just ask him. MAKE him get tested.

koukanamiya said:
They really do exist! I know at least 3 of them in their late 20s. They're not badlooking, they're nice guys and quite successful. They've just never been in serious relationships since they were too caught up with their work and studies. They're actually pretty normal too.

And my did SO come sealed and unopened as well, so guys like that still exist.:yes:

I wasn't laughing at the "sealed and unopened" part. I was laughing at the Hermes joke. :lol: I know virgin guys in their late 20s do exist because I have a few guy friends in my group that are still virgins. They dated before but rather wait for "the one" to give in to. And yes, they are THE nicest and honest guys out there and perfect "hubbie" materials too.

either guys I go out with are jerks or... sorry I find that very hard to believe that there are many virgin guys out there !! Most guys who have been in serious relationship is not.
My last boyfriend came sealed and unopened, but thats because I was the 1st serious gf.

winternight.. meetin in pubs is not strange, but given his history of picking up girls and the long one night stand list, i feel a bit unsecure like its his territory... if u know what I mean.
Besides, he lived waaay too close to the bar.