Hayden-Harnett - Which One for a Newbie??

May I copy your post to my blog? Of course, I would credit you with the writing - I swear, that's the best testimonial I've read yet. There's another wonderful testimonial here someplace, but I've lost track of which thread it was in ... If we had our own HH Forum, these things wouldn't be so hard to find ...

IndiaInk
I vote that your blog be the official repository of HH related literature (until we get our own forum). :tup: I love reading everyone's writing - I wish I could do descriptive adjectives - and all of those other things (words???) but mind always draws a blank.

GlamaRuth, I LOVED your post! It's one of the best written I have read (and that says a lot)!

Mombug, I think if you have the opportunity to go and try them on, you should. So many bags that are great for one, aren't great for another... there's no universal answer. Having said that, my opinion would depend on so many other factors: do you usually carry large or small bags, what colors are most abundant in your wardrobe, are you more conservative (because HH does have some rather "funky" bags as another poster put it)? There's a lot to factor in. My first thoughts would be the Suki Ladybug or the mercer Triple compartment. I also think the gaza or havana hobo would be a good choice as well.
Mama, I love larger bags, but not humongous. Brown is my color, dark or light, it doesn't matter. I do like hobos, but I also like a more constructed bag as well. I did lust over the Suki Ladybug on the website earlier today, because it is unlike anything else I own. I will definitely be checking that one out. I also like the idea of being able to go to the shop and not break the bank, therefore I can buy two?

IndiaInk
I vote that your blog be the official repository of HH related literature (until we get our own forum). :tup: I love reading everyone's writing - I wish I could do descriptive adjectives - and all of those other things (words???) but mind always draws a blank.

Why thank you, m'dear! I will ask Bessie for her OK too - I wanted to PM Ruth but couldn't - I guess that's a setting one can change ...?

Yes, I credit TPF for introducing me to this wonderful new designer! For me, the Lorca is "it." It's my everyday purse when I just want to pack my wallet, keys and phone. The new fall colors (ruby and yam, especially!) look beautiful! Good luck browsing the store, and hope you find that perfect HH bag!
You are so right. Before I found TPF I was strictly all about LV. Now, I don't even think about LV anymore. I never realized there were so many bags to be had!!! And yes, I too like the yam color. So beautiful for fall.

mombug
I don't know how much of a trip NY is for you - but you might want to call the store to see if any of your chosen purses have been reduced. The bargains on the website have mainly been sold out - but there are other models that were not (significantly) on sale on the web that were up to 80% off in the store.

Also - have you signed up for their mailing list? There was mention of a sample sale in NY in August?

From what I have seen , when HH has sales they are serious affairs. Which is a very good thing - because IMO once you have bought one - it is never enough!

Why thank you, m'dear! I will ask Bessie for her OK too - I wanted to PM Ruth but couldn't - I guess that's a setting one can change ...?
Wow, IndiaInk, your blog is fab. I am going to go browse around. And by the way, Autumn is my favorite season as well. Better clothes, better hair days, and football, all good!

Hi Indiaink,

Yes, you may absolutley use my post on your blog - I haven't got one of my own! Thank you for the compliments. I actually write for a living (at least, that is a big part of my job), but about healthcare, so it is a nice change to write about my vocation rather than my job. And Ruth is actually my grandmother's name. I go by her character in my vintage life because she is my style inspiration - she gave me my first vintage dresses at 12 (her "old clothes" to her!), and thereafter I culled her wardrobe for gems. The woman never threw a thing away, had great taste, and was my size. Except in shoes - my sister got all of those!

speaking of Havana Hobo, I just got mine in Chalk, and it's *lovely* - that might be a good bag to start with! it's more classic and less funky than some other HH designs, but it seems to be universally loved by the "HH hos" here :smile:

I also just received my Havana in chalk today and it is absolutely a lovely bag! The leather is very soft and slouchy (yet doesn't seem fragile) and it drapes beautifully, it doesn't seem as big as the actual dimensions. And don't even get me started on the lining! Silk in such a beautiful print! The attention to detail, I must say, is superb! This would be a nice "first" bag! :yes:

Wow, IndiaInk, your blog is fab. I am going to go browse around. And by the way, Autumn is my favorite season as well. Better clothes, better hair days, and football, all good!

Thanks, mombug! :blush: I want to do more with it, but there's barely enough time in the day to earn a living, hang out here, and eat/sleep.

i think my first is going to be a dominque hobo in burgandy.

i've eyed the inka and lorca though.... but both of those are in line with everything else i have, and i want to branch out into something different for me.