Hayden Harnett Reference Pictures and Notes for Fall 2006/Spring 2007

1. Hi, GUNG here! I am going to post a reference "library" of sorts for Fall 2006/ Spring 2007 Hayden Harnett bags, their respective colors, and their highlights and downfalls (which of course in just my opinion.) I feel slightly dorky doing this but hey Im bored and I would love to have something to refer back to in order to see the past models and colors.

Not trying to be a meanie, but pretty pretty please dont post anything until I'm done with the Mercers, Havanas, Lorcas, Nicos, among others! I would really appreciate it. I think it would be cool to have one consecutive, flowing string of pictures and then your guys' commentary! But either way, its cool!

2. Lorcas

Highlights:

This bag is quite literally the perfect small bag. It has two front zippered pockets that are very convenient and functional. The interior of the purse is well organized and has multiple pockets for you to organize your belongings. The size of the bag is deceiving, and you may think that it is very small, but the reality is that the bag can easily hold a wallet, cell, small makeup bag, keys, and more.
    The flirty shape is very feminine and girly and works well in the day for a casual look but it also dresses up easily for nightime wear.
    The leather is outstanding on this bag. It is soft, pebbled, and very rich feeling. It is the same leather that is used on the Havana Hobo

Downfalls: If you have anything large to carry like an agenda, umbrella, water bottle, this bag is not of much use for you.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Cobalt
    Luggage (or Saddle)
    Chalk White
    Blush
    Soft Gold

11i7bjcLE0L._AA115_.jpg 11R8ao2dDyL._AA115_.jpg 117744642124999223.jpeg 31zpmIQm3LL._AA280_.jpg 31R4kyLgVHL._AA280_.jpg
  3. Lorcas cont..

Black
    Plum
    Chocolate

21vFv1AnEpL._AA115_.jpg 21+MBEJl2ZL._AA115_.jpg 8f80_1.JPG
  4. Lorcas Cont..

Poppy
    Also came in Olive and Pewter but I cannot locate any pictures for those two colors.

ceca_1.JPG
  5. Nicos

Highlights: A great expanse of soft, smooth leather! This is a huge bag that is pliable, smooshy and feels great. If need be, you could fit everything but the kitchen sink in this baby! It is definitely unique, and I have never seen any handbag styles from any companies that come even close to being similar to this bag. It came in beautiful, vibrant colors with equally beautiful paisley linings.

Downfalls: As stated before, its huge! Additionally, it can at times be inconvenient to quickly get your things in and out of the bag. A good example would be like getting your wallet out at the supermarket when you're already holding up the line, you quickly fumble with the long zipper that closes off the top, fold back the giant flap, and peer into the deep, dark, corners of your Nico, desperately trying to find your ATM card that you neglected to put back into your wallet.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Amethyst
    Currant
    Ink
    Chocolate
    Poppy

b109946722.jpg c6d3_3.JPG m109858838.jpg nico_chc_med.jpeg nico_crl_med.jpeg
  6. Nicos Cont..

Chalk White
    Luggage/Saddle
    Black
    Pewter (Cannot locate a picture)

nico_chk_scale_med.jpeg rio_lug_med.jpeg 764b_1.JPG
  7. Havanas

Highlights: Everyone's favorite HH bag! The same soft, rich pebbled leather that is used in the construction of the Lorca comprises the body of the Havana Hobo. HH's website says that the Havana can expand to accomodate an extra pair of clothes or shoes if need be. The Havana is a fun, flirty and slouch shape and makes a great throw-it-around, throw-over-your-shoulder, throw-all-your-crap-in-it kind of bag.

Downfalls: IMO, the flap of the Havana can looked a little warped from time to time. I found myself constantly adjusting and re-adjusting the flap to get it to "sit right." Additionally, on same colors (namely, the Saddle/Luggage and Olive) the leather was prone to scratching very easily and consequently leaving very visible marks. Also, there have been many complaints about color transfer in regard to the Chalk and Saddle/Luggage Havanas

Blush
    Soft Gold
    Chocolate
    Chalk
    Saddle/Luggage

11OsyZY0NCL._AA160_.jpg 11qOGyohprL._AA160_.jpg 11XYC6EB87L._AA160_.jpg 31OJOkZMRJL._AA280_.jpg 119cT78MtOL._AA160_.jpg
  8. Havanas Cont...

Plum
    Cobalt
    Mysterious Tweed/Brown Color
    Olive
    Black
    Also came in Iznik yellow a while back and may have come in Poppy Red but I am unsure

hharnett.jpg 1177448641433070818.jpeg hayhartwe1.JPG 415olFQuREL._SS280_.jpg 41ooMJJI7HL._SS280_.jpg
  9. Anas

Highlights: Very unique, unimitable shape that will have women asking you left and right where you got this bag. It comes in the same great leather as the Havana Hobo and Lorca, and as a result, is pebbled (with the exception of the Cobalt color), very soft, and squishy. It has a neat little front magnetic pocket that is very convenient and a back magnetic pocket to stow little things. It has a flat silhouette and lies very well against your body. Additionally, it has ample measurements to easily use the bag for shoulder use.

Downfalls: Very narrow opening, due to the pear-like construction of this bag. At first glance, you might think you could easily fit a small binder or some books in this bag but that is not the case. There is ample room in the bottom, however, and if you usually carry smaller items like a wallet, small agenda, cosmetic case and more, the bag works great but for larger neccesities, the bag quite clearly doesnt work

Chocolate
    Saddle/Luggage
    Cobalt
    Black
    Plum
    It did come in Olive as well but I cannot locate a pic

41GeMe7Hr+L._SS280_.jpg 41Lt5IM9ajL._SS280_.jpg 41pGO9hshWL._SS280_.jpg b782_1.JPG f6a8_12.JPG
  10. Hudson Satchels

Highlights:

Apparently this is the favorite bag of all those at HH headquarters. Many on here have sung its praises in regard to its resemblance of a certain Balenciaga bag. I have seen all of the colors IRL (with the exception of the blue) and they were all very nice. The Hudson satchel is a unique bag with beautiful braided handles and ample room for books, a laptop and more. The leather is sturdy and tough yet very smooth to the touch. It makes a great school or work bag.

Downfalls:

At times, the leather on this bag is too stiff. The handles (according to Ben at HH) will soften up over time and become more pliable and shapely but until then, you've got to deal with the stiffness. Additionally, the triple strap construction is at times inconvenient. For example, the braided handles can be very irritating and very noticeable when you are trying to use the shoulder strap and vice-versa. Even so, I think that when the softening of the leather happens, it may be less of a problem

Vachetta
    Smoke Blue
    Black
    Cocoa

5a72_2.JPG 1185896246348235314.jpg 1189444529555429909.jpg hudsatch_coa_med.jpeg
  11. Okay, I think that Im doing a crappy job, I forgot to add the Iznik Yellow for the Nico (thank you tonij!) and the tweed for the Ana (thank you treesrgreen). And Im tired. So if anyone would like to take the reins, and add your pictures or commentary, feel free.

Be back later!

12. Gung!!! Good job and fantastic idea...:tup:

13. any thoughts on salina pouch? the leather on mine does not feel "rich and thick and supple"...was wondering what you thought...thanks for all of the info you posted! lots of work!

14. Salina Pouch

Made from the same leather as the Nico XX and the Mercer Triple Compartment and well as the Mercer clutch. IMO, these three models dont produce the jaw dropping, awe struck reactions that the leathers on the Ana, Lorca, and Havana do, but never the less, the leather is much better than what can be found on bags that are far more expensive.

Highlights:

Cute, original shape, great colors like ink, amethyst, and currant. Intricate detailing on the front of the bag. Great size to hold the bare essentials like wallet, phone, keys, makeup bag.

Downfalls: Pain-in-the@$$ drawstring and not very practical shape for the woman who carries more than just the bare essentials. Very long, some times in the way tassels

Amethyst
    Ink
    Luggage
    Currant
    Black
    Also came in Chocolate, Chalk, and Pewter (I think)

082c_1.JPG 431f_1.JPG 8581_1.JPG c7ab_2.JPG sal_blk_med.jpeg
  15. Heres a couple of the missing photos that I stumbled upon while searching my own...

Nico Pewter
    Havana Iznik (although probably not the greats shot of the yellow shade)
    Ana Olive

(no sign of the pewter or olive lorca)

nico_pwt_zoom.jpeg havana_yel_zoom.jpeg HH Olive Ana.jpg