Hayden-Harnett impulse buys :(

IGT, that's good to know. I got a reply to my email, saying just "are you returning one item, or the entire order?" I replied within seconds of receiving it (yay gmail notifier, haha!) hoping to catch her while she was by her computer, but nothing back yet (it's been about two hours). I'll call if I don't hear anything the rest of the day.

mlinky, PS is pricescope, a diamond/jewelry/etc. forum. As obsessive about our jewelry as TPFers are about accessories:cutesy:

I think you are right to return it and I'm glad to have seen this post since I was lusting after the eggplant lorca during the sale and I would have been VERY disappointed to receive the bag you did. To me it looks kinda plasticy and in your pictures the color looks lavender???. I have a few HH bags and I love them all (even the prune gaza!).

I have the eggplant lorca and I'm not disappointed with it at all. It's a nice gem-colored purple - not lavender at all - it smells nice, and while the leather is stiffer than my cobalt-blue lorca, it's not plastic-y at all.

I have the eggplant lorca and I'm not disappointed with it at all. It's a nice gem-colored purple - not lavender at all - it smells nice, and while the leather is stiffer than my cobalt-blue lorca, it's not plastic-y at all.
I'm glad yours did not have a smell. I found mine to be a gem color as well, as opposed to lavendar. However, based on the website picture, it definitely was not what I was expecting.

Sooo, update: A week (though only 4 business days with the holiday weekend) after originally requesting my RMA#, HH is still dodging my emails and calls. The only response I've received from their support department was the one I listed above, asking whether I'd be returning one or both items.

This is not a company I've enjoyed doing business with... they were quite responsive before I placed my order, as well as after I placed it (while it was shipping), so their unresponsiveness at this stage makes it seem kind of obvious to me that they don't want me making this return. :nogood:

Hm, I would tend to agree. I mean, that's what it looks like, huh? And they won't even answer your phone calls? Funky. I suppose they've had problems with returns, seeing as how they revised their return policy a short while back. Honestly, if I'm not totally sure about the bag, I order from a different place (Luna Boston or something) because I've heard that H-H isn't quite supportive of the customer's entire buying experience.

Finally got my RMA# around January 28 or so, sent it in, and it took about 1.5 weeks to get my refund. They cited technical difficulties for the delay in getting my RMA# to me.

So, everything got resolved... but they certainly made it tough to do so!

Sorry to hear about the disappointing return service. I've ordered HH bags from Luna Boston before and have returned orders without a single hitch. Their returns process is very similar to that of Zappos -- free returns via UPS -- and are both completely fantastic!