Hayden Harnett & HHHotties Nail Polishes

I hear ya. If I am distracted by a shiny polish I usually check to see if any of the brands I can get for a good price - OPI or Zoya has a dupe. I think a Taupe holo is pretty unique and an ok splurge.

OH, thanks for the tip, Lu! :smile:

Yeah and there's doing F&F right now so you can get 20% off your purchase:

http://forum.purseblog.com/deals-and-steals/beauty-com-20-starts-11-2-a-638280-3.html#post18903720

I love, love, love All Hail McQueen/The Queen. I have the BL with the original name (All Hail McQueen) but I'm thinking about buying another bottle as a back-up because the BL with the original name is precious to me. :girlsigh:

Thanks for checking on the KL polishes, Jenni! Nikki was nice enough to direct me to some eBayers that have it at a good price! :woohoo:

F&F = Friends & Family

Seriously though, I usually hate taupe/brown colors on me but All Hail McQueen/The Queen is awesome. :tup:

Jenni, I didn't buy my KP polishes yet because I've been bad lately. Maybe I'll wish for them haha

Put 'em on your list!

Here's the AHT(M)Q on me... it's gorgeous and hard to photograph. It's got a bit of a pink/lavender base, IMHO, and it actually looks better w/HH Taupe than Moonbeam. I still think Moonbeam needs a duochrome with some green/yellow in it... still looking. But here are three shots. It looks almost like it has a velvet texture.

Attachments

• abutter1.jpg
    abutter1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 43
  • abutter2.jpg
    abutter2.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 39
  • abutter3.jpg
    abutter3.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 45
That looks great Jenni. I like it with both your moonbeam and taupe. I think it brings out the darker pigments in your moonbeam.(or is your wallet just dirty!?!:lolots: j/k - I know you've said in the past you've used the HH out of it) The taupe color of your ramone (as does the same taupe of the havana etc. from the same year), seems lighter than the taupe of the gaza, correct? Have you seen both together to see the difference?

LOL Yup. The MB wallet is pretty dirty. But it was also picking up shadows in the late afternoon light. This morning, in brighter sun, the holo effect is popping more. It's still more subtle than some holos I've seen, though. I really like it. It's super wearable and I think it would look great with almost any skin tone, go with any wardrobe. I did end up putting a third coat on, though. It's a bit on the sheer side. I'm starting to gather that most glitters/holos can be, Moth?

ETA: Lauri, I've never seen the Taupe Gaza line IRL, but they're definitely different leathers. The Gazas were all lambskin, I think, and this Taupe is a really thick cow. Less variation in this color, too.

It's gorgeous Jenn. I have butter henley regatta and it works pretty much the same way. I would use a base color like zoya dea then layer the AHT(M)Q on top that way it looks less sheer and won't take as much to look like full coverage. It'll reduce VNL.

:lolots: VNL = Visible nail line? Like VPL?

I'll try the Dea base coat next time, but I like how dense the holo/glitter particles are right now with three layers.

I'm thinking I need to go back and get a second bottle :biggrin:
And maybe Fash Pack and No More Waity Katie :graucho:

:lolots: VNL = Visible nail line? Like VPL?

I'll try the Dea base coat next time, but I like how dense the holo/glitter particles are right now with three layers.

I'm thinking I need to go back and get a second bottle :biggrin:
And maybe Fash Pack and No More Waity Katie :graucho:

:lol: yup like VPL

3 layers might be a pain in the arse to take off. I burned through many a cotton ball trying to remove 3 layers of henley regatta (which BTW looks awesome layered with zoya ibiza and a blueberry carryall)