Hayden Harnett Chalk???

Shelley

O.G.
Feb 11, 2006
Hi All,
I was considering purchasing the HH hobo in Chalk, it's on sale for only $230:biggrin: !!! But, I was wondering about the chalk color, is more of a white or cream, I don't want cream, but an off-white would be fine. If you ladies own a HH in this color I would love your imput. Also, does it get dirty easily or do you treat it before you use it?? It would be just a fun, everyday bag and I don't want to have to baby it too much.
Thanks gals

I know this doesn't answer your question regarding the "Chalk" color, but I just recently returned a HH Havana Hobo (I had ordered it in Luggage). I found that the flap didn't hang over enough for my liking. I had to keep adjusting it for it to cover the opening completely and look "right". If the flap had another 2 inches or so, it wouldn't have been an issue...it would fall naturally and cover the opening.

That being said...the leather was amazing and I really liked the overall design of the bag. It was a tough decision, but I knew that the flap would just get the best of me.

Just something to consider when you order your bag...you may want to check out the retailer's return policy.

Thanks for your response. I was actually looking at the Mercer Hobo, it only has a zipper, no flap. I have the Mercer Clutch in Coral and the leather is awesome.

The chalk is an off-white with greyish tones. I don't think it looks dirty necessarily, but is certainly not meant to be white. I like the shade, as it is extremely neutral and can be paired with so much.

I have the H-H Mercer garment washed Nico in chalk, and I love it! It's definitely more white than cream. It almost has a tinge of gray, but it's definitely white, it's really the color of chalk. The first time I used it, I was wearing dark blue denim jeans, and the blue did come off on the bag, and I absolutely freaked out! However, I used Coach cleaner, and the blue came right off. I've had no trouble since!:biggrin:

I have the Mercer Satchel in Chalk and it's a great, versatile bag. The color is more of a greyish white, and I've found it goes with everything. Can even wear with white white clothes. The leather on these bags is yummy. I don't have any of the HH hobos but do have two of the Mercer Satchels and love the style.

pseub said:
I have the Mercer Satchel in Chalk and it's a great, versatile bag. The color is more of a greyish white, and I've found it goes with everything. Can even wear with white white clothes. The leather on these bags is yummy. I don't have any of the HH hobos but do have two of the Mercer Satchels and love the style.

do you find that the chalk gets dirty easily? I don't want to have to baby it and worry about it getting dirty, or did you treat your bag before you use it? Thanks so much the help.

Nope, not at all. I didn't treat it either. This is one of my weekend knock-around bags. The leather is a bit crinkly and distressed, but I have not noticed that it picks up dirt.

I've ordered from www.haydenharnett.com before and I received an email yesterday about the sale, I guess it's a private sale or something of the sort??? But, if you register on their website, you receive 15% off your first order. From what I can gather it's just the mercer hobo on sale in select colors, you might want to call and ask them.

Hi all,
I just received my new HH Mercer Hobo in Chalk, it's awesome. The chalk color is so beautiful and of course HH leather is so soft and smushy and yummy!!!! I'm so glad I ordered the chalk, it's the perfect neutral bag, not too white, not too gray, just perfect.