Have you had bad experiences at LV Boutiques?

I have been mistreated by an LV SA (Denise) at the Chevy Chase store in Maryland. Recently, I went to purchase a bag at the store. I walked in and the store was empty. No one acknowledged me (I was dressed in a suit and I am not young--thirty something). Since I knew what I wanted, I waited after a few minutes before approaching the nearest SA (Denise--I think that was her name) and told her I wanted to get the bag. She promptly told me that they did not have the bag in stock and proceeded to walk away. I told her (in a voice loud enough so the other SA's could hear) that I called 2 hours ago and I was told they had plenty in stock. So, she said she would check in the back and as last resort, the LV counter at Saks (Saks is very close to the LV store). Meanwhile, another SA, a man came out from the back and asked if I needed help. I explained the situation. The SA (Denise) came back with the bag, I inspected it and told her I wanted to get it. She looked surprised. The other SA said he would ring it up for me while Denise wrapped the bag. Instead of giving it to me when she was finished wrapping it, she held onto it. The other SA looked at her like, "are you going to give the customer her bag?" so she said, "oh! I was waiting to if the transaction went through". I felt like she doubted I could afford the purchase! Dismissing her as a dumb twit, I left with my bag and returned to that store a few days later with a friend (who insisted we go there).

Again, I was dressed in a suit and my friend, Asian-american was dressed casually. As soon as we walked in the door, the same SA (Denise) ran up to my friend and asked her if she needed help. She completely ignored me. The SA was falling over herself to make a sale--she patiently waited on my friend, pulled bags for her, made suggestions, told stories, etc. I laughed on the inside when my friend decided not buy anything. I, on the other hand, was prepared to purchase another bag. Again, I knew what I wanted, but I didn't like the SA's attitude. So, I got my bag from NM at Tysons Corner, Virginia instead. I experienced better treatment there.

i've never had a bad experience at the LV boutique. i had a so-so, unexciting experience at the NM boutique at Tysons Galleria, but not BAD. i just wouldn't go back there b/c the LV boutique is literally right up the street from the mall and they are always SO NICE to me!

i have RARELY had GOOD experiences, most of the time i am just hoping it is terrible. after weeks of dealing with a heat stamping drama issue, i finally got some help and a good job done.
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...priences-same-lv-store-now-afriad-403936.html

but i did finally have a great one yesterday it was really very nice. if all my experiences with LV were this good, i would buy more. so maybe its a good thing that they are not always nice to me.

i see the SA trip over each other for the sale with other customers but with me i have ask for help.

If anyone has the privilege to visit the Rodeo store in California, I strongly suggest it. My lovely SA Yvette H., Leather Goods Manager Sarah N., Albin in RTW, Daniel in fine jewellry, the entire staff are divine and wonderful people.

:tup::yes::okay::yes::tup:

Luckily for me I've always had the nicest SA's helping me (even though I'm not dressed up or wearing make up) but I think I made my friends feel awkward this fall.. We were on a weekendtrip (to Germany) and after having spent 30 minutes in some less-than-$30/pair-shoe shop (don't get me wrong, I love a bargain, but I NEED quality shoes because of my horrible feet/medical reasons, anyway..). So after that we headed to the only must-see on my list: KaDeWe and Louis Vuitton ;) So we went inside, one of the girls saw the Gucci, Chanel and Bvalgari-signs and said "Uh-oh..." right before I said "I just need my make up bag, it won't take long", when friend #2 said "eeer, do you know where we are? This is like.. Luis Witt-on" "Yup, there's where we're going!" And the poor girls, as I was helped my an SA I heard friend #3 say "Don't we fit in well? With our $25 shoes in green plastic bags and my broken synthetic leather jacket?" and when the lovely lady goes to wrap my purchase friend #2 says, while pointing to my saumur (that I've been wearing everywhere for the past 6 months, love that bag), "is that REAL?!" :wtf: (Don't we love when people ask that?). My SA comes back and we continue talking in "LV-terms" and friend #3 says chocked ".. oh wow.. she really knows what she's talking about.. :wtf:"

Not embarrassing for me, but definitely an amusing story we'll remember forever

I can't stand the SA's at Beverly Center and Century City. I have bought things at both stores MANY times and they are always sooooooo rude and unfriendly. I will only shop at the Rodeo Dr. LV. They are always SUPER friendly and nice every time I walk in.

destiny33 - sorry to hear about your Chevy Chase experience! I don't understand SAs who are in a customer service job who insist on treating people badly. It shouldn't matter how you are dressed - only what's in your wallet. I defitnitely would not have purchased anything after all that.

I rarely buy anything from NM at Tysons. I'm like Dawn, I go to the LV boutique at Fairfax Square where they are the best!

While on a trip to Florida I walked into an LV boutique (in Saks I think), was the only customer there, the sullen SA cooly ignored me the whole time, made no eye contact, so I left. They could be a bit more friendly you think? I was carrying a Saleya and dressed like most people/casual.

I have 2 stores where I just rather not go, because I swear the stupid SA's hate me.
I don't mean to be cheap but sometimes its cheaper buying from eluxury.
anyway the Vuitton boutique at NM this SA hates me. I was contemplating the Tadao so i asked to see it, it was in display inside the case so she said we have it here. So I asked to see it and she said are you going to purchase it? then she took out the Catalogue. :sad: meanwhile im wearing my Mono porte document voyager. The 2nd store
I just rather not is Vuitton at Fashion Show Mall Las vegas. THEY DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH! I have not met 1 person inside that boutique that speaks english and they
always treat me like crap, im only a tshirt and jeans kind of person, but I always
carry something designer, I mean, geee. But other than that the SA's at Saks Love me
and I love them back. & Forum shops are ok, Wynn they are supper nice.

As you can see I am very lucky I have alot of options 3 Louis Vuitton at the same Mall
1 accross the street and the other one 5 minute walk from Fashion Show Mall.

haha