Have you experienced Hermes bag jealousy...

All: I had the most odd experience (and I DON'T even own one yet!!).... I mentioned to another H fan about planning on investing in a Birkin and the response I received was really rude. Something to the effect of being like "Martha Stewart" and going to horse shows to "show off" my Birkin. :confused1:
^Odd, and she is an H fan? I've found most H lovers to be supportive and so very friendly. On this forum, I often feel like this :love: or this :girlsigh:(and most of the time, like this :drool: ) but I can honestly say I am happy for everyone! Pay her no mind, do what makes you happy--you can't please everyone!

For those who care to make a comment on a handbag that anyone is proudly carrying

Iseedumbpeople.jpg

When i see a great bag on somebody i usually :drool: and complement the person. If i can afford to buy a similar bag i will buy one and if not i'll just continue admiring . There is no point bringing people down its just petty and for people who has to much time on their hands:nogood:.

My friends gasped when they see the H logo on my bags. I told them to close their gap because flies are flying in their mouth. :roflmfao:

The man I slept with for the last decade made a snide remark. That night I hugged my birkin instead of him. He's lucky I didn't evict him out of the room! :P

My friends gasped when they see the H logo on my bags. I told them to close their gap because flies are flying in their mouth. :roflmfao:

The man I slept with for the last decade made a snide remark. That night I hugged my birkin instead of him. He's lucky I didn't evict him out of the room! :P

You are too funny! :roflmfao:

Nobody I know at work knows what Hermes is - except that I have educated them! And they don't really care - they are not handbag or fashionista people so when I (eventually) walk in with my Kelly they won't even notice anything has changed.

My friends outside of work spend their cash on Mercedes cars and unknown quantities of Burberry, LV and Prada - and we accept we get a kick out of different things.

For someone to say a Birkin looks plain just goes to show that they are immersed in the over decorative trends of the day ( chains, fringes, pockets, pleats, assorted other dangly bits and shapes that make handbags look like a set of bagpipes) and probably can't see beyond Mark Jacobs. Congratulate yourself - you have risen so much higher!

• Haha
Reactions: Muffin_Top
I had a friend who said "that's an expensive bag for someone yet to be employed" to me bc I stop working.:cursing:

Long story short. I worked, saved, invested, married and does not need to be employed anymore bc I have taken care of my fiances at an early age. She gave me grief about having an expensive bag without being employed even though I can afford it.

I had a friend who said "that's an expensive bag for someone yet to be employed" to me bc I stop working.:cursing:

Long story short. I worked, saved, invested, married and does not need to be employed anymore bc I have taken care of my fiances at an early age. She gave me grief about having an expensive bag without being employed even though I can afford it.

Grrr.....my reply would (want to) be "That's a bold comment from someone that has no business making it!"

Grrr.....my reply would (want to) be "That's a bold comment from someone that has no business making it!"

thanks for the support. She thinks she is better just bc she is working. I didn't think she should be making such statements to me when she doesn't know about my fiances.

My SO and family had a problem when I started buying COACH. Imagine what they said when I stepped up to LV!

And then when I had that H twilly on my Speedy, I thought my parents' eyes were going to pop out of their heads.

Only the people I worked with at Coach-- and you guys-- get my love of LV and Hermés. I was in the Coach store today and the girls were sighing over my twilly and we were talking Kelly and Birkin.

Even some of my friends say that my LV is ridiculous and a waste of money. But that's fine. You waste your money on bags from wal-mart that don't hold up, and dinky little trinkets. You spend $20 a month on bags that fall apart. I'll spend $500 every five years on a bag that'll last forever, and we'll call it even. I'll save my money and buy nice things that I'll give to my kids someday. :devil:

That generally shuts people up. But my parents still cringe when I mention the H word. I just hate talking about money. It's not a polite subject, kwim? There are so many more pleasant things to talk about than how much so-and-so's bag cost, and how much money I'm wasting. It's a beautiful day outside. Let's discuss that. Kwim?