Have You Ever Tried Hypnosis ?

1. Would you ever consider Hypnosis ?
  2. Personally, I'm VERY leary of things like that. I like having full control over my own thoughts.

I can say for a fact that my neighbor was hypnotised earlier this year. She wanted to quit smoking. Hasn't picked up a cigarette since that day.
  3. I used hypnosis over ten years ago when I wanted to quit smoking. Went from 20-40 cigs a day to zero. Recently, I've been seeing a hypnotherapist now off and on for a year and half for anxiety, stress and also for weight loss and migraine help. It worked too, although I think I hit a plateau with it as happens in any sort of treatment. And that's all it is, treatment.

I also hypnotize myself now and use NLP to deal with daily nuisances like my crazy neighbour. I went from being fearful of having to deal with that stress to laughing at the thought of her dirty looks! (She's angry with me for not wanting to be friends with her, but she kept sleeping with my crushes, so it was hard to be friends!).

If you don't want to see a hypnotherapist and want to try hypnotherapy, check out this book: Amazon.com: Instant Self-Hypnosis: How to Hypnotize Yourself With Your Eyes Open: Books: Forbes Robbins Blair. If nothing else, it's fun to learn! :smile:
  4. I would consider it as a treatment for stress or migraines. I'm not sure I could do the self hypnosis thing.