Have you ever purchased a CHANEL handbag with straight cash?...

I actually have a really embarrassing story about this...when I went to purchase my first Chanel bag, there was something wrong with my card because my cc company thought it had been stolen or something, and so they put a limit on it...of course, not enough to pay for a Chanel bag! But I also had several hundred in cash and a debit card with a bit of money on it. I was at Nordstroms, and they don't let you buy something on 2 cc's...you have to first purchase a gift card and then use it toward the larger purchase. So I ended up buying 2 gift cards...I used those, some extra cash, and then put the rest on the original card...it was SO EMBARRASSING!!! It took me forever, but I was not leaving the store without my bag LOL! I'm pretty sure the SA thought I was crazy...

I always pay in straight cash.
In Asia they prefer you to pay with cash/debit card especially in Jakarta Indonesia when i bought my chanel there...If you pay with credit card, they will give you the look, saying : "ooh actually you cannot afford to buy this bag.."[/quote]

now isn't that something!!

now, I feel a little better. I thought I would get funny looks handing over hundred dollar bills.

I actually have a really embarrassing story about this...when I went to purchase my first Chanel bag, there was something wrong with my card because my cc company thought it had been stolen or something, and so they put a limit on it...of course, not enough to pay for a Chanel bag! But I also had several hundred in cash and a debit card with a bit of money on it. I was at Nordstroms, and they don't let you buy something on 2 cc's...you have to first purchase a gift card and then use it toward the larger purchase. So I ended up buying 2 gift cards...I used those, some extra cash, and then put the rest on the original card...it was SO EMBARRASSING!!! It took me forever, but I was not leaving the store without my bag LOL! I'm pretty sure the SA thought I was crazy...

so you pay with cash from now on, or do you just go and buy gift cards? because something similar to that happened to me at the Gucci Store. It was pretty embarassing

No, I am too paranoid to take out more then $200 cash at a time. For my first Chanel, I loaded my credit card with enough money for the bag so it was at almost negative $2000, and then I bought my Chanel with it! :biggrin:

I have done it before at LV ~~And I swear I will never do it again!! Its was stupid and embrassed when I think now~~ I bought a bag for $1500 and I bought cash to pay it then because its all $20 (75 = $1500) bill so it couldnt fit into my wallet I had to put it in the inside pocket of my bag. Then when I was ready to pay! I have no idea whats going on all my $20 bill fall on the floor and it made the security and the sales picking it up from the floor for me....its just an embrassing moment!!!!!!!!!!!

I've purchased in cash and check and debit card, I avoid charging the items unless it is with a dept. store and a EGC event. Writting a check can be a problem for some, if you normally do not write checks, depending on which business you write the check to, because of the check machine they use. I have seen people try to write checks and the check was declined, then they use their check card and no problem. When I pay in cash I use only large bills it's faster, because if it is more then $5000 cash, a second SA needs to double count for the transaction from my experience.

never done it with chanel before, but definitely with other brands..! i'm a student and my dad is the one who gets (and checks) my credit cards statements.. so if i feel like ive gone overboard and have REALLY abused my plastics, i'd use cash instead..that way nobody knows how much and what i spend on.. :P:graucho:

I've paid cash for Chanel and Cartier before, it just take the SA a while to make sure they can count up to 50 sheets of hundreds lol. But I realized it's easier put it on the Saks card, get points, then pay off monthly. I racked up 1100 worth of Saks gift card by doing so, definitely worth it :yes:

I always pay in straight cash.
In Asia they prefer you to pay with cash/debit card especially in Jakarta Indonesia when i bought my chanel there...If you pay with credit card, they will give you the look, saying : "ooh actually you cannot afford to buy this bag.."[/quote]

now isn't that something!!

now, I feel a little better. I thought I would get funny looks handing over hundred dollar bills.
All stores like cash better than credit card, depending on the contract with each credit card company, they loose anywhere from 1% to 4% as 'transaction fee', so if it's cash or debit card, they get 100% of what you paid for.

I have done it before at LV ~~And I swear I will never do it again!! Its was stupid and embrassed when I think now~~ I bought a bag for $1500 and I bought cash to pay it then because its all $20 (75 = $1500) bill so it couldnt fit into my wallet I had to put it in the inside pocket of my bag. Then when I was ready to pay! I have no idea whats going on all my $20 bill fall on the floor and it made the security and the sales picking it up from the floor for me....its just an embrassing moment!!!!!!!!!!!

:nuts:...wow!!

Don't worry I plan on using $500 dollar bills.