Have you ever met anyone famous?

I met Blake Lively, Ryan Reynolds, and Christian Louboutin once at a show. Being that I'm a designer shoe/purse enthusiast, I was most excited and screamed to my friends "OMG ITS CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN!!!" All my friends said, huh? who? haha :P

They mostly kept to themselves and unfortunately refused to give autographs. Ryan told another fan that he was with his family and friends and did not want to be bothered. I was disappointed but I completely understand his privacy.

I also met Pau Gasol when he played for the Lakers. Super nice guy and let me take a photo with him

I met Blake Lively, Ryan Reynolds, and Christian Louboutin once at a show. Being that I'm a designer shoe/purse enthusiast, I was most excited and screamed to my friends "OMG ITS CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN!!!" All my friends said, huh? who? haha :P

They mostly kept to themselves and unfortunately refused to give autographs. Ryan told another fan that he was with his family and friends and did not want to be bothered. I was disappointed but I completely understand his privacy.

I also met Pau Gasol when he played for the Lakers. Super nice guy and let me take a photo with him

He sounds like a prick, If you go in public, and get recognized, don't freaking act so coy. I'm surprised he has fans.

I met Garret Morris at his comedy club maybe 2 years ago. He was so nice in introducing himself to the patrons while waiting for the show to start. He posed with me for a photo.

I also met Penn & Teller, both very nice and posed for a photo too

Reactions: cdtracing
Many moons ago, i was lucky enough to carry out some work experience at WGSN in london, just after University. None of the main writers were available to interview Manolo Blahnik, so my hand shot up immediately and i was given the go ahead! :smile::heart:
Its one of my most memorable times, he was Such a charming and genuine human being. I could see the passion and awe in his eyes for his field of creativity and for the students whom he was teaching at the time.
Such a wonderful experience :heart::heart::heart:

Bo Derek (about a year after the movie "10"). She was the most beautiful woman I ever laid eyes on. We were shopping in the same store in Las Vegas.
Same trip to Vegas, Sugar Ray Leonard. Nicest man!

I saw Angela Bassett at the beach. My cousin walked toward her and the bodyguards stopped her . Angela told them was ok and chatted and let them take pictures.

I saw Gladys Knight at a store in Vegas. I took a photo of her with my aunt. She was very down to earth.

I met Fantasia at a gas station. She was friendly & loud.

I met Michael Jordan many, many times while I attended UNC-Chapel Hill. He had graduated years before but was often on campus. He was/is worshipped there . They literally have statues of him & streets named after him. He was NEVER, EVER friendly.

Met LL Cool J years ago at a night club. He was very friendly and down to earth. My friends and I chatted with him about 30 minutes outside the club. I was surprised that he was only with 1 other person and they left in a taxi.

Last edited:
Mariah Carey at the Grand Hotel Eastbourne when she was married to Tommy Matola - years ago, I was just a kid
Richard Branson at an opening
Fiona Apple in Liberty London - I stopped and told her I loved her music (coz I did back then - this was when she'd sung a song that was on Dawson's Creek) - she could not have been sweeter

Alan Alda - incredibly gracious and kind
James Cameron - very down-to-earth and nice
Lou Ferrigno (sp?) - one of the rudest people i've ever met (waited on his table when i was a waitress in college).

I met Reese W., Matthew McConaughey, and Jennifer Hudson at a movie premier after party this past weekend. Reese and Jennifer were both very nice and sweet. Matthew was decent but he wasn't smiley or anything. I could sense that he could be pretty whatever and standoffish but they probably get sick of people going up to them anyway.

quite a few, but the most memorable.
sean penn: extremely short (but very muscular) and incredibly rude, just like his reputation seems to concur. very rude to everyone he interacted with that day, i was like wow, what a jerk.
richard simmons: incredibly nice man, and kind and extroverted. just like you see.
donald *****: he was quite funny and told jokes. interacted with him years ago when he was a guest on Jay Leno
nathan fillian (spelling)? from Castle: rude, just rude. seemed arrogant and kept saying (to people around him who wanted photos and etc.) that he didn't have time for this and had a busy schedule
taye diggs: omg, so HOT. his body was incredible. didn't interact but he came through my office and WOW

mostly, i find that how they appear on tv isn't really that far from their actual personality. my experience.

Reactions: lanasyogamama