Have you ever lied about your LV?

Whew I would have lied too if I'd been in your place. I thought your answer of "I wish" was perfect.
Unfortunately my DH is almost as LV crazy as me so he knows how much they cost but I must confess, I've told him I traded stuff with other boardies when I didn't......I'm bad I know. V

Yea, the weird thing is that this is a nice area of town, but now I leave it in the car, which is ok , bc my car has dark tinted windows. I just hide it under a jacket real quick. My bf says he is always afraid when I sell a house to see what LV I pop up with next, I tell him not to worry about it it's not his money! :smile:

As bad as this sounds, there is a time and a place to tell the truth. When a random stranger confronts you at a gas station in the middle of the night, telling the truth isn't the first thing that comes to mind. Anyhow, I definitely have to play down the price of my bags when family and friends ask. They just don't understand. They think it's such a waste to spend that kind of money on clothes, bags, and accessories.

I think you absolutely did the right thing. Who knows what can happen these days! I don't trust certain situations and that one sounds a bit strange/unsafe. Always go with your gut feeling. It is certainly better than getting mugged.
I would have done the same. Only in certain situations do I discuss the reality of bags. I limit this to my girlfriends.

I would def. lie if some random sketchy person asked me....so you did a good move PurseFanatic....

When it comes to my mom, I just say I won't ever tell her the price. I know she'd kill me. She thought I was crazy when I used to buy Dooney & Bourkes! She just doesn't understand purses. :love:

I tell my friends though....they know how crazy I am w/ my purses. They always make fun of me cause I am always selling stuff on Ebay too lol.

I am gonna start not telling my guy friends though, because the other day they told my mom how much my LV Lodge PM and my Balenciaga First COST!!!! ahhh...She wasn't that mad (thank God, I thought she would make me sell them!!!), i just told her they were investments. ;) All she really had to say was "DO NOT tell your grandparents! They will disown both of us."

i tell my entire extended family (and my mom/sister) that everything i have is fake.. cuz they won't ever approve of me having a real Louis.

i tell my friends if they ask.. but they all know i buy only real stuff.

PurseSlave said:
Hey Frozen! Don't want to single you out because you're a guy, but i'm just curious as to what kind of bags you buy! :smile:

lol that rhymes

i have one bag: the Abbesses. the rest are all wallets.. and agendas, and accessories (cles, keyrings, ties, etc). the bags on my "want to buy next list" include the damier geant citadin in terre, mono keepall 45, and white MC keepall 45.

frozen7313 said:
i have one bag: the Abbesses. the rest are all wallets.. and agendas, and accessories (cles, keyrings, ties, etc). the bags on my "want to buy next list" include the damier geant citadin in terre, mono keepall 45, and white MC keepall 45.

Awesome! I wish more guys were into LV. :P

I never lie about the authenticity of my bags, and luckily no weird strangers have ever asked. I do lie about the prices (always claim it was on sale) to family members and friends, I don't want them to scold me or make me feel guilty for not doing something "better" with my money.

my sweet dad is oblivious to anything feminine. so he wouldn't ask how much a purse is.

my mom...i just hide them from her haha

my bf actually never asks how much my things costs. he just says "new bag?" and i smile

I don't usually lie because no one asks. lol.
I tell my mom that my recents are used off of ebay. lol. Ever since she found out how much my mc speedies were from looking on elux she likes to tease me about my "$1700 bags that i'm going to need to put on the roof to collect rain." hahaa.
We need a new roof this spring, but that's a different story. :0) (we already have the $, of course. No one is putting my speedies on the roof! lol)

Pursefanatic.... I'd definitely lie if I were in that situation as well.

I'd never have to lie about my bags because they are all presents from my hubby. HE's the one that got me into LV in the first place.

The thing is, he comes from a family where women are truely "Girls-gone-wild, LV style." I can never lie about the price of my bags, or even from which season they were from.

My father-in-law bought a manhattan PM for my grand mother in law while he was on a business trip to Italy, and when I commented on how beautiful it was, and how (I thought) it was a new season bag, she detested and had to correct me that is was from last season.

Also my in-laws always scrutinize what kind of bag I'm carrying. They just dont' approve of my husband spending our money purchasing bags for me.

But who cares, I just don't have to carry them when I meet them. Or I'll use the e-bay trick next time and say how much of a bargain I got.

jstreete said:
i lie to my mom. she never goes into a LV boutique because she wouldn't buy an expensive bag. she says she'd rather spend her money on jewelry. she'd have a fit if she knew how much my bags really cost.

HAHAHAHA!!!!! :nuts: this is my first time posting:shame: and i swear that is EXACTLY what my mom says to me!!!! LOL! :lol:

Im a guy so I think trying to explain why I dropped as much money as i do on my LV would cause my mother to drop kick me. I think I will continue to keep that to myself, my best friend knows though, she thinks im crazy, but at the same time she wants an LV too!??! I dont get it, but whatever!! I love my wallets and my messanger, now I want the Wapity so i can throw my digi cam in there and all my other crap when I go into the city!:biggrin: