Have you ever been on a TV show?

Yes. 48 Hours Investigates, Court TV and Dateline. And it wasn't for anything pertaining to handbags or shopping. It has to do with something I do in my line of work. :tup:

:wtf: My gosh! PurseManiac, You must let us know the next time you appear on one of those. Or you can PM me, if you would. :smile: I watch all of those, so I'm duly impressed!!

I was a contestant on "Shop Til You Drop" on PAX. (And no, it's not the grocery shopping game show - that's "Supermarket Sweep" which usually follows the show I was on.) Me and my partner didn't win the grand prize trip to London but we did get some hair care products and a porch swing. :smile:

Ack, I LOVED both of those shows!! I still love them!

I was on Wheel of Fortune with my son for Mom and Me week a couple years ago.
1991.jpg

When I was young, I danced with Betty May Studios here in San Francisco. We would do alot of shows that the local news stations would cover. We also appeared on a show called Cartoon Classics numerous times. We were in someones music video ( I think we were aliens or something, I have to ask my mom) and my sister and I were in a McDonalds commercial with Mac Tonight.

But my dream (that never came through) was to be on Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.

My most embarrassing one was when I was like 9 maybe 10 years old and good old ITV came to my primary school to make a news item on kids that had asthma in the summer. So they featured some kids and asked them how it affected their sports etc, and then they asked the rest of the class to start doing country dancing in the background! Yes that included me :roflmfao: So there I was swinging around in circles doing the weirdest dance ever. Luckily I think it was only shown on the lunchtime show and no-ones ever mentioned it since.

My relatives in Ireland that I barely know called me up once and said "Hey we just saw you on the TV in the crowd at the Commonwealth games" that was a few years ago when it was held in Manchester and I'd gone to watch the Athletics. God knows how they spotted me in such a big place, I hope it wasn't a close-up!

My best friend and I were on Judge Hatchett in 2003! It was an awesome free trip to NY! The show paid for the flight to and from and one night in the hotel for the taping, but we got them to get the flight home a week later so we could pay for our own hotel and take a mini vacation. It was awesome.
I cringe at the thought of someone seeing that show and recognizing me though, oh well, at least it wasn't Jerry Springer!

I was reading through and JUST remembered that one time I was at the dentist and in the middle of it he asked if some cameras could take pictures of the work being done (braces- I was 11 at the time) and I said "sure". I didn't really know what they were going to do but it didnt matter. Turned out they were filming the whole thing for a special on a news channel!! What!! Good thing all the cameras saw were my open mouth and not really my face! How embarrassing. They said it would air in a few weeks but I never saw it..:sad:

Did Romper Room as a kid (with my sister). Two years ago a regional piece was done on me about a quirky hobby I have. There were shots of my two dog girls who passed away later that year. That piece went national. Friends from out state saw it on MSNBC and other regional stations. A week after that I was at a motorcycle safety course (I ride motorcycles) and was videotaped riding one of the obstacle courses by the same chanel who did the quirky hobby piece.

My hands were on a medical story about 20 years ago. I was giving and injection to a patient. Around the same time a bunch of us were protesting at a grocery store for not allowing food bins for AIDS patients in the Castro District of San Francisco. I was videotaped carrying a protest sign because my then 6-year-old was picketing too. My best friend was very active in the gay community during the '80.