Have I missed the boat on the Balenciaga City Bag??

1. I have admired this bag for sometime and now after reading through the forum, I want one but don't want to be late to the party....and yeah, yeah, I know you should buy what you love regardless of what trends are dictating.... I just don't want to plunk down the $$$ and then come across my bf's 14 year old niece sporting one.
  2. You definitely have not missed the boat. If anything, I wish you luck on finding the color that you want!
  3. I think these bags will be popular for a long time for one reason... they are great bags. I don't think they are really trendy like the Paddington or the LV multi. I have several LV's and I love the Balenciaga bags because they are so light and the leather is so beauitful AND they are so practical for daily use.
    My LV's get so heavy after I load them up with all of my *stuff*. The City bag is not nearly as heavy. Plus the colors are so pretty and so varied.
    Bottom line.... popular or not, I love the comfort and the design of the bag. I don't have one complaint on these bags. My favorite is the City. I also like the twiggy a lot. The Twiggy sort of reminds me of my Prada Tobacco Pushlock which is one of my favorite bags.
  4. As soon as you get yours, you will understand why we are crazy for B bags, they're so great, the leather is tdf and it gets better with time.
  5. I don't think they're too trendy; I mean, you don't see a hundred of them on a daily basis like LV and other high end bags. They're rare enough that they're not going to get old for a long time!
  6. you totally havent missed the boat!!! go grab yourself a BALENCIAGA now!!!
  7. I wouldn't worry about it. I've been lusting after Bbags for a couple of years now, and only just got my first Work! :love:

You def should go out and get yaself one, especially since you've been admiring it for a while :yes:
  8. I am not sure where you live, but you are far more likely to find your bf's 14 year old neice with an LV/ Prada/ Gucci than a Balenciaga! At least, that is *definitely* the case where I live. I work in a *very* affluent city, and the mall located therein, which sells Balenciaga, Chloe, LV, Prada, Chanel. I have only seen 2 Balenciagas. Ever. With LV, I wouldn't be able to skip a stone and *not* hit someone carrying an LV. First of all, 14 year olds want the recognition from a brand, which Balenciaga does not deliver, you have to know what you are looking at, it's not covered with logos. Second, the smaller LV's are more obtainable. I remember being quite shocked to see a young girl, really no more than 12 or so, with a small Gucci purse. Probably a mother's cast off, but still! 12 in Gucci? : )

Balenciaga has an understated cool that I don't think will ever go away : )

Get a City, you will understand the hype and love it to death : )

I wish you well,

9. There will ALWAYS be fakes of every designer around so don't sweat it! Buy what you LOVE and to he** with everyone else! :jammin: