Has your SA warned you about not hanging your lock on your kelly as it will....

I like your Vert Cru Kelly, bbbochap! I've seen impressions left on bags when the lock is hung on the turn key, but I think it does depend on the leather.

bbbochap, you've a lovely vert cru clemence kelly!

Frankly, that's the first time that I have heard any SA talk anyone into NOT placing the Kelly lock on the strap rings. I remember when I got my first Kelly from my store, my SA and store supervisor helped me dress up my Kelly by placing the lock there and hanging the clochette on the opposite ring.

I wonder if this advice is leather AND colour dependent?

Did you send the bag in for spa and to be cleaned up? Any difference?

Great pic^^

Well, I have had my lock hung for AGES on my Kelly and nothing has happened. I could see that possibly something could happen, but for those who prefer to keep it on...I have not had a problem.

I'm with Kellybag on this, I had mine hung on my kelly for a while and I am checking like mad and nothing. But I do see/hear stories on birkin instead... Maybe leaning towards MrsS.. it's the leather and the color of the bag? My Kelly is indigo box?

Everyone, thanks for the feedback added in this thread.

I am glad to be able to share this little tip/info with others since I have gained MUCH MUCH MORE from everyone here in this forum.

P/S: yes, the color of my kelly is VERT CRU in TOGO leather - you guys have very sharp eyes, lol :biggrin:

Mrs Sparkles - I do plan to take the bag in for spa as I think she needs one - I will definitely update about the black marks after the spa.