Has anything like this ever happened to you?

Yeah i have a friends who always ridiculed my love of designer hand bags and come up with all sorts of arguments towards why one should never spend so much money on a hand bag ( you tire of bags, they go out of "fashion" etc etc) ....I never tried to convince any one other wise...each to his own....AND NOW will only carry designer bags !!!

Bitten, the bag retails for about $1800. Can you imagine if I told her that :nuts:

She also asked me my age, but that didn't bother me at all. I look much younger than I am. Salespeople are always asking me what college I go to. It was especially funny when I was pregnant with my 1st child- the looks that I would get. :cursing:

Anyway, I actually find it so amusing that everyone thinks her actions were rude. I guess they were, but again, I was way more concerned with everyone finding out how much the bag cost :P

That was pretty rude behavior, though. Taking someone else's stuff without their permission and pawing through it is downright uncalled for. I understand if someone wants to look at a bag of mine, to admire the style, and see if they'd like one themselves, but come on! If someone literally tried to take a bag off my shoulder, I'd strike back, because hunnie, that's called mugging.

No, that's never happened to me before. But it may be the rare instance where physical violence is called for :bagslap:! (haha jk). Seriously though, that is the rudest most inconsiderate behavior and if I were you I'd never go over to her house again. If for no other reason than to protect your handbags.

I have found that I don't really talk about my bags or shoes with most people I don't know very well.

Some people think that they are frivolous items, I say- whatever floats your boat.

I love name brand, super cute bags and shoes.

That's what floats my boat.

totally agreed that you just don't ask someone how much money they make, what they weigh, and what their age is. the other day, a prospective employee had the nerve to ask me how much i make at my other job. i looked at her drily and said, "prefer not to disclose." that was the end of that.