Has anyone.....

1. Ok, so I've been having this huge issue with Feebay restricting how many listings I can post and revise in a 7-day time period. They of course give me no reason why other than their usual form email. Yet they continue to allow the sellers who are selling huge amounts of fake bags to do their thing, and restrict me for no reason. I know a number of other tPF'rs have been having similar issues, and thanks to a tPF'r I am hopefully on my way to getting someone at eBay to listen to me.

Anyway, what I was wondering is if anyone has ever contacted their state attorney general's office, or the state attorney general's office in CA about their issues with eBay. If so, what was the outcome? I'm just curious because I was having a long discussion with a family member today about my issue and he suggested that I may want to contact either my state attorney general's office, or CA's because eBay's executive office is there. Any thoughts?
  2. Honestly, I don't think there is anything the state attorney general can do about eBay restricting the way people trade on their site. They have every right to do that, and we all agreed to their RIDICULOUS user agreement. So, they've got you by the shorties, frankly. Honestly this new policy, even though its application is sort of stupid and seemingly random, really IS to help try to protect buyers from fraudulent sellers, and I for one am just glad they're at least trying to do something about it. Finally.

My recommendation here is to complain long and loud to the right people at eBay, hopefully get the restriction lifted, and just move on. If you still need additional help figuring out who to complain to (and you have an established reputation on eBay and can back up your protestations of innocence!!), then please PM me and I will try to help you out.

I know of only one instance where an individual user successfully sued eBay, and it was a completely different issue where eBay actually was doing something wrong.
  3. Thanks Cynthia, I think I have enough info to work with right now, thanks to another tPF'r. If I need any additional info, I may take you up on your offer!

Vicki :smile: