Has Anyone Tried La Prairie Rose Illusion

1. Hi I was recommended La Prairie Rose Illusion Line Filler by the SA in my local store on Saturday. She said it is excellent as a primer and for covering enlarged pores. She didn't have it in stock and has a waiting list for it. It is quite expensive so wondered if any of you girls could give me an opinion on it? Thanks :smile:
  2. I have used many LP products but I have to say this was the worst one!
    It was an awful primer and I have used Laura Mercier, Kevyn Aucoin, Smashbox and YSL and this could not come close to any of them.
    I too was hoping it would do something for my pores and it seemed to accentuate them even more when I was wearing foundation.
    I read great revues on MUA so I decided to purchase, it was $$ down the drain with this product. Sorry for the negative review.
  3. ^^ I agree. Such a waste of money - a really unpleasant pink film on my skin that seemed to clog pores, agitate sensitivity and make me look vaguely radioactive - never again!
  4. Never used it but I have heard that Clarins instant smooth perfecting touch is the same as the La Prarie but nowhere near expensive. I have used clarins and it is good imo.
  5. Thanks girls. Think I might give that one a miss. Have read good reports on MAC Prep & Prime and also everyone seems to love the Laura Mercier primer so will maybe give one of those two a go.
  6. MAC prep & prime is very nice as well. It has a creamier texture like LM where as Smashbox has a silicone texture.
    I'm sure you should be able to get a few samples from Sephora or a makeup counter!