Has anyone seen Wicked, the Broadway musical?

1. Is it okay for an 8 year old boy......who is pretty sophisticated, or will it be boring for him?
  2. I didn't take my 8 year old son to that show and I think that was a wise decision. Take your grandson to see Hairspray. My little boy loved it!:heart:
  3. It's pretty "sparkly" so I can see it being eye candy for a kid, although it might be kind of girly for a boy, LOL.

But the burning question, will he be good during the show ?!? LOL j/k!! :p :flowers:
  4. I'd take him, he should be fine. When I saw it there were lots of children about 8-10 there, I went to the production in Chicago. My cousin who is nine saw it, and he liked it, but his parents take him to lots of theater so he has a good attention span and likes seeing that kind of stuff anyway.
  5. Try Putnam Cty Spelling Bee instead
  6. Or Monty Python's Spamalot!

(The whole musical is about knights finding the Holy Grail.)

Here's the link to the soundtrack so you can hear some of the scores.
    Barnes*&*Noble.com - Music: Monty Python's Spamalot, CD

I have to warn you, though there are two swear words, but they're far apart in the show, and nothing your grandson can catch.
  7. I saw Wicked, it is a little on the girly side, but good. I sat maybe 15 rows behind Tom Cruise when I saw it.
  8. I've seen it. I don't think an 8-year-old boy would enjoy it, necessarily, but I don't think it'd be inappropriate.
  9. I've seen Spamalot and loved it but I don't think he would get it.
  10. I haven't seen it, but I want to! I was going to go with my sis, but plans didn't go as through... :sad:
  11. i have tickets for feb. 10th in LA! cant wait!
  12. read the book didn't like it that much
  13. read the book and I really enjoyed it, not seen the musical
  14. I would give my left nut to go to this show!
    OK - maybe DH's left nut!!!!
  15. Nyria......that is the funniest!!!!come with us, on Feb., 17th.....and please do not donate any body parts!!!!!