Has Anyone Noticed a Significant Increase in Prices on Fall Lines?

I definitely agree that designer handbags are hotter than ever right now. I know that some good deals pop up when there are sales but people just profit from them by reselling them on Ebay. I don't mind paying more for a bag I really want but the theory of it is just insane.

I just think there will end up being more purses on sale at the end of the season; all of us will wait for the sales and hoefully the retailers will figure that out the hard way. The lower priced lines like Kooba will have a harder time selling if they are raising prices so high.

One also has to keep in mind that the world has become more flat and global. Anyone in China and the Middleeast can buy a Chanel, Louis Vuitton, or Coach bag. The demand in these countries is huge and that also is driving up the price. 10 years ago these countries were not buying handbags. Also the amercian dollar is so weak.

One also has to keep in mind that the world has become more flat and global. Anyone in China and the Middleeast can buy a Chanel, Louis Vuitton, or Coach bag. The demand in these countries is huge and that also is driving up the price. 10 years ago these countries were not buying handbags. Also the amercian dollar is so weak.
VEry, very good point!

I guess it is the law of supply and demand. Thinking about it, how many new members have joined this forum since last Spring? I guess that also gives some indication of the growing demand of designer handbags. And since demand is up, designer houses are trying to capitalise on it.
Exactly, we keep buying, they keep rising the prices. If we're willing to pay $900.00, why not move it up to a thousand? If we want it badly enough, we'll go along.

So, I wonder just how high is the limit? I mean, when I first started to post, I wouldn't think of spending more than $300 on a bag, and then it was $500, and now I think that I wouldn't spend more than $650. That's my ultimate limit for having a diversified collection of handbags. So within a year's time, I went in my own mind from $300 to $650. The industry just loves me!!
I'm with you! I joined in late April, and at the time I thought over $200 was pricey...now I have so many $800 purses, it's insane! This website is full of enablers and have opened my eyes...the industry should send me some thank you flowers!

did someone mention this before.... it's the rising cost of labor, fuel and the euro! lot of the leather comes from Italy and some one just said it the dollar is really weak. sad but true :sad:

Oh....just thought I would ask around....did any one on the purse forum get a 35% raise this year?

Hah!
I didn't even get a 3.5% raise!
They are really making me want to buy a bunch of bags now so that I won't have to kick myself later for not getting them when they were cheaper... but man.. that's so much money to fork out...

Sigh... this really annoys me.. I noticed all the bags I want are going up in prices too! Sucks to be a purselover at times like this... they know we want them so they jack up the prices - not to mention in Canada we even see a higher increase because of the strong dollar and things here just costs more than it would in the US

i think i have the same problem as you ladies. i simply don't know how the industry has me comfortable with spending $2000+ on a bag when i'm a college student! it's really crazy how my expectations of a "reasonable" price for handbags has changed.