Has anyone heard of a "Mia"?

SuzyZ

Francophile
Nov 2, 2005
Saw the first MJ bag I liked tonight in Nordies - It was called a "MIA" It had a lot of gold hardware on a stunning black leather bag - Of course it was $975.00 I wear alot of serious silver jewelry - so I passed on it - Is anyone familiar with this bag?

Comes in 2 sizes...
Here's the link to nordstrom
http://designer.nordstrom.com/DesignerMain.aspx?Page=C361021N.html&type=O

And pic from eluxury for large size $1150
p11024569_ph_hero.jpg

elong!!! are you telling me the one for $975.00 was a small or med size? It was huge to me. Would you wear that bag with serious silver jewelry? or am I just trying to talk myself into it? The bag is stunning.

I would wear it with silver or gold. I'm not one for matchy match stuff. I like silver and gold together as long as it seems to fit together. 975 is the small version. The larger version is over 1k. It's beautiful so if you're going to use it, go for it. :yes:

Thanks Thithi, I am new to MJ so I never read that thread - very informative - I like this bag because it doesn't look like the typical Marc Jacobs bag - I don't like the Stam (tried that on also) - I think I'll let it rest for while unles I can find it on sale and I only want Black and the black ones never seem to go that route.

thithi said:
The green smaller version was 1/2 off on neimanmarcus.com last night and I had to talk myself out of it.. Luckily, it's gone now!

coachwife6 got it and returned it. here's the thread:
http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/mj-mia-satchel-26048.html?highlight=mia

I decided to pass after I read it...

Eeek. Such pressure.

I am so old. Maybe that's why it hurt my back.

It is a gorgeous bag and worth every penny. I just needed a bag to slouch around in and the MIA just didn't fit my needs .

Don't worry coachwife6, that was great advice in that thread. I hate bags that don't "move" with you. Handbags do have a purpose, not ornaments, so that's why I passed on it.

Maybe we should make you our official tester!

and elongreach, don't encourage me!! cuz you know I'm a sucker for a bargain...:graucho:

thithi said:
Don't worry coachwife6, that was great advice in that thread. I hate bags that don't "move" with you. Handbags do have a purpose, not ornaments, so that's why I passed on it.

Maybe we should make you our official tester!

and elongreach, don't encourage me!! cuz you know I'm a sucker for a bargain...:graucho:

Oh, thanks. :tender: