Has anyone experienced pimples after waxing?

i used to wax eyebrows for my clients, now I only tweeze. i never had anyone break out from the wax, but it does pull the skin and with so many people using vitamin A based skin care, it can rip your skin if you wax after using those products.
This sounds gross, but now that everyone is getting their privates waxed, everyone should have a separate pot for just brows, and one for just bikini wax. Contrary to what we've been told, bacteria can spread and most people don't have many oil glands on their brows- at least not under.
Using Tend skin is a good idea, but really checking out the person's wax situation would be a good idea-- new sticks, never double dip, and separate wax container for just brows. Don't be afraid of offending them, it's your skin and you are paying them:biggrin:

Wow, good information to know! I think I am just going to stick to tweezing from now on. Especially after reading how unsanitary waxing could be! :wtf:

I have been using an acne wash + scrubbing my face and the pimples that formed around my eyebrows seemed to have cleared up. Whew!

I will miss the convenience of waxing though. :sad:

Hey I'm so glad I found this thread as it is the morning after my first eyebrow wax/tint yesterday and guess what...I've got a few small pimples above my brows. They're like tiny whiteheads. I hardly ever break out in general...

My aesthetician has been doing my bikini waxes for years so, um, she knows my skin pretty well, LOL. After she was done with my brows she put some cream on them as it did get a little red and swollen above my brows but not below for some reason. I didn't wash it off when I got home as I didn't want to irritate my skin further. Now I know so next time I will.

HW, i've got tend skin and home and duh, why didn't I think of that till now? I'm using that today....hopefully these will go away soon.

To the OP, congrats on your upcoming wedding!!

When ever I wax my eyebrows the area gets red and I will break out unless I quickly apply a cold compress soaked in plain old milk. Forget all of the chemical suggestions here and apply what mother nature gave us to naturally soothe the skin we purposely irritate in the name of beauty. Try it after you wax next time, a paper towel soaked in ice cold milk placed on your brow refreshing it once or twice. :graucho:Smooth bump free non irritated brow!

When ever I wax my eyebrows the area gets red and I will break out unless I quickly apply a cold compress soaked in plain old milk. Forget all of the chemical suggestions here and apply what mother nature gave us to naturally soothe the skin we purposely irritate in the name of beauty. Try it after you wax next time, a paper towel soaked in ice cold milk placed on your brow refreshing it once or twice. :graucho:Smooth bump free non irritated brow!

This definitely works as I have done this many times...:smile: