Has anyone experienced pimples after waxing?

1. I started having my eyebrows professionally waxed about 4 months ago. I have only been about 4-5 times. Everything went fine at the time; no sensitivity.

I have begun to notice that I am getting a lot of pimples around my eyebrows. The last time I got my eyebrows waxed were about a month ago. I’d think by now my skin should be free of any oils or chemicals from the waxgoo, but I am still breaking out. It actually seems like within the last week it has been worse. I don’t think they are ingrown hairs because they do clear up within a few days.

All of my life I have been very lucky to have very clear skin. I maybe got a pimple once every other month or so. Now I have like 3 and they just keep clearing up in enough time for a new one to spout. Of course I am getting married in 15 days and don’t really want to be sporting eyebrow pimples.

What to do, what to do? :crybaby:
  2. I would ask your waxer person(I know the term, but I would slaughter the spelling lol) to just pluck your brows from now on.
  3. I noticed that too. I usually bring toner w/ me just to clean off my face after the wax. Sounds weird but my face feels cleaner & I don't feel like the leftover goo is clogging my pores.
  4. Congrats on your upcoming nuptials. I would go a week before your wedding to get your brows done. Then just pluck the stray hairs the day before.

I used to get pimples after waxing my eyebrows. This "ritual" works for me and I don't break out anymore. First make sure you aren't using any facial products that will make your skin extra sensitive to the wax like anything for acne.

Before the waxing, make sure they thorougly clean all traces of makeup and oil from your brow area. Then tell the waxer to apply baby powder before the wax. It makes the hair adhere to the wax better. After the wax, use Tend Skin. You can get it at Sephora. Then apply baby oil. Then before bed on the day get waxed, put neosporin on your eyebrow area.

Also, make sure that they are using a fresh wooden stick. If you see them using the same one over and over again, don't get your brows waxed by that person because they are probably using it on everyone else. They should throw away the sticks after they are done with each client.

Okay that was a book. LOL I hope it works for you.
  5. ^Wow, thanks for your help. I will definitely follow your advice. :flowers:
  6. Uh oh.. I'm getting my eyebrows waxed for the first time in a couple of days and I don't want to get zits! :crybaby: Maybe I should stick to plucking..
  7. You will probably be okay. All my friends get theirs done and said they have never had this problem. You should read HubbaWubba and daffie's advice above, if you haven't already. G'luck!
  8. hubbawubba, thank you for sharing that very helpful info. i will definitely take note too!
  9. I do get this problem also. I read somewhere that if you do get it done, do not go the week before your period because it supposed to be more sensitive to the waxing. I'm not sure, but I did read that in a few magazines. Has anyone else heard that as well?
  10. I had the same problem until I started going to a place that only does tweezing without the wax. Now I don't get pimples and I find that my brow shape looks much more natural than when I used to wax it.
  11. I get this problem and I would exfoliate on regular basis and when they apply oil or lotion after the wax, I would rush home to shower to take it off or I would bring some omega oil so that would not clog my pores.
  12. you should get threading done. waxing tears the top layer of your skin. waxing will eventally give you wrinkles too from pulling the skin.
  13. Used to happen all the time to me when I got my eyebrows waxed so I started getting threaded instead, love it!
  14. i used to wax eyebrows for my clients, now I only tweeze. i never had anyone break out from the wax, but it does pull the skin and with so many people using vitamin A based skin care, it can rip your skin if you wax after using those products.
    This sounds gross, but now that everyone is getting their privates waxed, everyone should have a separate pot for just brows, and one for just bikini wax. Contrary to what we've been told, bacteria can spread and most people don't have many oil glands on their brows- at least not under.
    Using Tend skin is a good idea, but really checking out the person's wax situation would be a good idea-- new sticks, never double dip, and separate wax container for just brows. Don't be afraid of offending them, it's your skin and you are paying them:biggrin:
  15. ITA. I actually read somewhere they every time they dip it in the wax pot, they need to throw it away after. It's like double dipping, it touches your face or someone else's face and then goes back in the same wax pot. Gross if you think about it.

I stopped getting waxed. I just tweeze my eyebrows now and use that Finishing Touch facial hair trimmer for the err upper lip.

I would try waxing at home but I'm a clutz and it way always way too messy and never worked out for me. Waxing at the salon sucked too because it's expensive.

When I got my full face wax once (dunno why, I just wanted one LOL), the lady warned me there might be pimples that appear after. She said it wasn't because of the wax, but because waxing brings out pimples that were developing before you got waxed.