Has anyone ever noticed....?

I have known it for awhile (the ending in 8's) I always thought it was for one of two reasons, neither confirmed.

1. If something is 199 169 379 etc you automatically round up like 200 170 380. Ending in an 8 you are less likely to do that.

2. Now this one is more far fetched But an 8 kinda looks like the 2 c's put together.

2. Now this one is more far fetched But an 8 kinda looks like the 2 c's put together.

:P that's too cute kiari! and definitely creative.

now that someone mentioned the 42$ thing, i don't think it could be because of china..or maybe...but in cantonese the 4 means die and 2 is easy. :Push:

I have known it for awhile (the ending in 8's) I always thought it was for one of two reasons, neither confirmed.

1. If something is 199 169 379 etc you automatically round up like 200 170 380. Ending in an 8 you are less likely to do that.

Very creative conclusion!

Yes that's it more or less. There's psychology behind pricing, I learned a little about it in Marketing/Business class. For example $19.99 isn't $20.00 dollars. Even though we know that there's sales tax, something in our minds tells us that it's not $20.00 and therefore a "good" buy, speaking loosely in layman's terms.

So my guess is that the Coach prices ending in 8 is simliar reasoning.
Just like you said Kari it's $198 dollars and not $200.