Has anyone ever bought a Birkin and realized you really didn't like it? (w/ pics)

I've been carrying Bs since my DSs were 2 & 5. I've always loved carrying it and the boys always "respected" mom's bag and handled it gently if at all. Fits most of what we needed and then if it wasn't enough one or both would use a backpack. But I can't carry a shoulder bag, if it's on my shoulder it slides off and crossbody always hurts my back. You know what works for you now, it's just hard to anticipate what will work for you in a year, or two, or five...

Hi there. I am very sorry about your disappointment/confusion! And I hope you find or hopefully have found what makes you happy!! If you have time and feel like it I would love to know what you have decided or have done.

I am in the sell camp. I think Hermes bags are wonderful but I think that the Birkin is a bag for traveling and toting stuff. To go out or even cocktail or evening functions I think there bags that are much more complementary. If you want to use it with kids please use the Birkin like Mrs Birkin does. Put it in the bottom of your stroller let it get wet and please take your kids by your hand. Maybe get an already used bag. I think that would be fun. Cheers.

I've said this before in this forum that it is worthwhile to buy some lightweight weights (I have 2lb, 5lb and 10lb) and use them to strengthen your arms. Weights are very inexpensive. Currently I do 30 reps of arm extensions (lifting weight up by extending arm straight up) and I do this 3-4 times/week. I use the 10lb weight but built up to it. I know this helps b/c I have plastic tubs of fabric and out of season clothes that I hoist around looking for things and since I've been doing the weights my arms don't hurt.

It's good to have some degree of upper body strength.

I have heard of ordering a Evelyn strap for B's altho it evidently takes a while. Maybe a luggage shop or on-line would have a canvas strap you can use?

You seem to love the color of the B and so I hesitate to say sell it. It used to be that the novelty of new scarf patterns would be a reason to sell ones I maybe hadn't worn for a while. Now, after doing that for years I am reluctant to sell b/c I finally realize some colorways or patterns are irreplaceable.

I've held on to bags or garments for some time (years) before using them. People are right, the kids will get older and the prices of B's will only increase. If you want a pretty B then the colors you like may not available. Plus it sounds like this B came like manna from heaven, without you having to buy a bunch of stuff to convince the SA you're serious. You can always hang on to it for a year and see how you feel then.

Anyone who takes on the challenge of raising 5 kids deserves a pretty B in my book. You'll have the expense of saving for college, special lessons or trips for the kids in the future, and so forth. A B may be difficult to justify at that time but now you've got one and you do love the color. Sounds like a keeper to me.
This is the funniest post I've seen in a long time. I finally got my hg bag and after a day of toting it around, my husband saw that the struggle is real and told me to go lift some weights! I've come to realize it is a bag I will have to grow into. Lol