Has anyone ever been to Couture Exchange in NJ?

Does anyone else find two posts in this thread to be "suspicious". Pretty interesting that two first time posters have such wonderful things to say about the place. One even found the thread months after the last comment was made on it.

I don't think I'll be stopping in there anytime soon.

yeah, i have noticed thet as well, strange..

Does anyone else find two posts in this thread to be "suspicious". Pretty interesting that two first time posters have such wonderful things to say about the place. One even found the thread months after the last comment was made on it.

ITA. it's pretty ridiculous how they're bragging about it.. pretty much trying to advertise the website and I would not be the least bit surprised if they sell replica's. stick to buying straight from boutiques as much as you can.

Funny, because I was thinking the same thing.

There is no reason to be suspicious of The Couture Exchange. I have purchased from them at both locations (Westfield and Shrewsbury), and they are totally legitimate. I have purchased handbags, wallets, and shoes, and the items were all in wonderful condition. I was just there last week, and the merchandise is authentic and beautifully displayed.

I have also consigned items with them, and they are absolutely wonderful to deal with. I recommend them highly, so please shop without reservations.

I have no connections with The Couture Exchange, other than being a happy customer! Once you stop by, I'm sure you'll feel exactly the same.

Funny, because I was thinking the same thing.

Agreed two of the posts seem self serving!
Although I have been to the shrewsbury location. Most items are authentic. I have been a little suspicious about one or two items(one chanel looked iffy and one or two gucci's looked off to me).
People are nice...it is worth checking out if you are in the area.

Golfing is my passion but handbags are my wife's. My wife and I recently celebrated an anniversary and I wanted to get her something special. I admit that I don't know much about purses, nothing actually, so I started doing some online homework and came across this forum. My wife had mentioned the Couture Exchange to me in the past but I really didn't know much about it. After reading some comments here I decided to go to the Shrewsbury store which is right next door to the Grove shopping center and a place I frequent since I live close by. I was a little intimidated walking in because of my lack of knowledge with this stuff and I didn't know what to expect. However, it didn't take me long to get comfortable. I was greeted by a young woman named Sarah. When I explained what my purpose for being there was she took to me to the owner of the store for an introduction and assistance. It didn't take the owner, Jennifer, long to figure out who my wife is and knew exactly what she wanted. Apparently my wife has been building a wish list with them over the past several months. Having no knowledge of this stuff I relied solely on Jennifer's recommendation and ended up buying a medium-sized black Chanel purse. On our anniversary night I handed my wife the gift and as soon as she saw the Couture Exchange's zebra-striped bag she lit up. She loves the Chanel and couldn't be happier. She asked who helped me and when I told her it was Jennifer she couldn't stop raving about her and the store. She also told me the Couture Exchange was just voted the best consignment and vintage boutique in New Jersey. It doesn't surprise me at all because this store is nothing like what I expected. My perception of consignment shops are the old dark musty smelling thrift shops we used to have growing up; shows you what I know eh? This store was beautiful and the staff was so friendly and never made me feel pressured into buying anything. By the way once I knew my wife was happy with the bag I showed her a new pair of Gucci shoes that I bought for myself while I was there and she loved them! I am glad I came across this forum and thank all of you for your comments.

Brad

Snibor - If you're still suspicious, why don't you go to the store in Westfield since you live in the area, and I know that you will no longer have any doubts.

BradTeeTime actually describes the store perfectly. All of the items are beautifully displayed, and I have both sold and purchased many items through both locations of The Couture Exchange in Westfield and Shrewsbury. The staff is always friendly and helpful, and as I have previously stated, all of the items that I have purchased have always been authentic.

I would throughly encourage anyone to shop at both locations without reservation. By the way, I have no connections with The Couture Exchange other than being a totally satisfied customer!

I think it's weird that the only people who are waxing lyrical (besides Mel) about this store are people who have only a single post and those posts are about this store. Also - how could any of us commented on a previous purchase of Brad's (per the last sentence of his post) when he's just joined the forum and has only one post? This may be a legit store but these one-offs do seem suspicious.

I think that Brad may have be referring to previous posts made about The Couture Exchange, because I was a serious lurker before I felt comfortable making posts myself.

I do understand that we all have to be careful when we purchase high-end authentic goods, but I would hate to think that someone would be dissuaded from purchasing at this store, because there were positive comments made that may or may not have been suspicious.

In this economy it is so difficult for a small business to thrive, so I guess I am a little sensitive in this area since my husband used to own a small business himself. So much of a small business' success depends upon personal recommendations, and I regularly check this forum to help me make informed purchases. I would highly encourage anyone interested in shopping here to do so, and I'm sure that they will no longer have any doubts that the first time posters could have just been happy customers like me.