Has anyone been in a Nine West store lately???

1. I recently waltzed into a nine west store and was shocked to see the store completely filled with designer inspired items!! They were complete copies! I mean, I know cheaper brands like to use the designer ideas, but I have never seen anything like this. It really was over-the-top! Naked bags everywhere and quilted cork platforms copied from Chanel. It was a major turn-off. I don't remember nine west being that bad in the past.

2. It's always been like that at nine west. But that's with most companies. I love how Meryl Streep explained it in the Devil Wears Prada.

3. Tory Burch flat copies too!! I don't know...it was waaaaaaaaay too copied and it seemed almost shameful.

4. CL copies were there , too and I was just shocked too! But What made me really laugh was that Dior copy bags at Bebe.......that chanel black vinyl coco cabas bag at Charles David......

I wish they remain as affordable yet unique brands.....

5. That is my point.....there was no uniqueness.....the shoes were cheap copies...and I felt that if I were to buy a pair of those shoes that would be like buying a fake designer bag.

6. Tell me about it!!! This is why I SOMETIMES hesitate to buy some shoes! :sad:

7. i saw a really cute pair of black peep toe pumps at nine west the other day, but it had a red sole! i think similarities are okay, but identical imitation of unique designer characteristics......... it totally turned me off...definitely made me feel like i would be buying a CL knockoff.....

8. oh my gosh, i know! I went in there for the first time in years this last weekend and was stunned. Lots of blanet Chanel (both shoes and bags!), Tory Burch Reva flats, Christian Louboutin (including the red sole!), YSL, and Chloe rip-offs. It sucked.

9. I never go inside a Nine West, but ugh, that's exactly why these cheap brands are major turn-offs. No originality and artistic value whatsoever. :throwup:

10. UGH! I saw those pumps too. My friend and I couldn't believe our eyes. What a ripoff!

11. Yikes! I hate to hear that designers are ripping off others designs to that degree, I mean the red sole is CL all the way. To copy that is absurd and tacky IMO.

12. For what is worth, I had a pair of shoes with red soles long before CL was all the hype. He did not invent red soles, however, isn't imitation the best form of flattery?

June

13. Just a question and I mean absolutely nothing by it, but what shoes are you referring to and when were they purchased?

I only ask because of the following taken from an article I read:

'In Louboutin's words:
    In 1992 I incorporated the red sole into the design of my shoes. This happened by accident as I felt the shoes lacked energy so I applied red nail polish to the sole of a shoe. This was such a success that it became a permanent fixture....
    The shiny red color of the soles has no function other than to identify to the public that the shoes are mine. I selected the color red because it is engaging, flirtatious, memorable, and the color of passion. It attracts men to the women who wear my shoes....'

So, I was just wondering if you purchased the shoes before 1992? 1992 is when Louboutin opened up his "flagship" boutique in Paris so if these shoes came before 1992, then I'll believe it. If not, I'm going to say that Mr. Louboutin was probably the first one that chose to do red soles and has become recognized for doing so.

I remember reading in another thread, where somebody was under the impression that Carlos Santana also came up with the supposed red sole, but that is definitely NOT the case as the brand started by the famous musician did not get introduced until 2000.

This subject is exhausting and has been discussed in SEVERAL threads, but I just thought I would clear up a few simple facts. :smile:

14. I did not purchase the shoes before 1992 but they weren't bright red either. Quite frankly, I have read so many stories about how Christian Louboutin supposedly came up with the red soles that I don't know what to believe. One of the stories I read, in some magazine or other, was that when he was a child he saw a woman walking by and her shoes had red soles It made an impression on him so he decided to put red soles on all his shoes.

You are right, it is an exhausting subject. Those who can't afford, or simply won't buy, CLs feel like they have to justify buying CL insipired shoes to those who can afford CL and think buying the inspired shoes is heresy.

I realize that not everyone has to think the same but it does get annoying to see, over and over again, how the wealthier lot who can afford CL on a regular basis belittle those who simply can't.

I think we just all just live with our own choices and not have to justify anything to anybody. Once does what one can with what one is given.

June

15. I just was addressing the red sole issue and the history of it. However, facts are facts.

Frankly, I'm quite sick of all of these threads. lol Why can't everybody just enjoy the shoes???

I buy a lot of CLs, but I never have once belittled those who can't afford it. But, some people have made some negative comments from both sides without thinking very clearly as to how it would come across so I think that just kind of ruined it for many members. I think everybody needs to calm themselves. :flowers: