Home & Garden

Harvested my very 1st broccoli today!

Posted By Ratnapur Posted Jul 8, 2012

1. Yea, me! They're small heads, but heads none-the-less. It's the first time I've grown broccoli. I love fresh steamed broccoli, with lots of butter and some salt--or even olive oil and salt.

2. Wow, how neat! :nuts:

I love broccoli and so does my family, but it never occured to me to grow it myself. We currently have Tomatoes, Leeks, Zucchinis, Squash, Strawberries, Lettuce, Radishes and a whole bunch of herbs.

Is it hard to grow broccoli? I need to read about this! I don'T even know what a broccoli plant looks like, LOL

3. YAY!! Congratulations!

Sternchen, its not hard to grow at all! It like it a bit on the cool side, but there are lots of varieties, its really nice to have your own.

4. I'd love to see some pics, I wish I could grow my own veggies.

5. That's awesome! Yum!

6. Fabulousity, do you have a yard or a balcony / porch? Growing veggies and herbs is so easy - even with limited space! :smile:

Hello from a fellow Marylander (now living abroad!) :wave:

7. It's great growing your own vegetables, isn't it? Even though we grow crops on a commercial scale ( yes, we are farmers!!) there is nothing like the satisfaction I get from the veggie patch in my garden. Here are some pics from summer just gone

image-1024373151.jpg
  8. And more.. Oops uploaded the first one of my little boy being silly by mistake

image-67426668.jpg image-1793241424.jpg image-1465922238.jpg image-1976865011.jpg
  9. Wonderful! Those figs are gorgeous...everything is! May I ask what variety of beets those are? That's a wonderful selection of tomatoes too!

10. I have a backyard, but my neighbor has cats lots and lots of cats they'd prob eat whatever I try to grow before it has a chance to mature :tdown: not to mention they pee everywhere.

:biggrin:

11. Looks yummy! especially those green beans which are one of my fave veggies :biggrin:

12. Ugh, how annoying!

My neighbor has cats too and they pee on our CARS!!! You can imagine the wonderful smell that we have every morning when we go to work...

13. :shocked: whooooa and I thought I had it bad.