Hardware vs. No Hardware

scm1012

Jun 27, 2007
I am in the process of choosing my very first Balenciaga.

I've been reading any info I can find here but I am a bit confused about hardware.

I am down to 2 styles that I want: City or Step.

I'm not exactly sure if the City comes with a hardware option but I do know that the Step does.

Does hardware make any difference in the product? Does it just give it a little extra bling?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi scm1012! Welcome to the forum! I'm still pretty much a noob myself, but I can tell you a little about the hardware. I currently have 2 Balenciaga bags in hand, which is pretty good considering that I just started looking at them about 2 weeks ago! :graucho: The 2 that I have both have the Giant hardware. The magenta bag has giant silver, and a special blue bag from NM has giant pewter (I think that's what they called it). I have a couple more bags on their way with regular hardware. I think for me the regular makes more sense, but I do love both types. The City comes with regular or giant hardware. The thing to keep in mind about the giant hardware is that it adds $400 to the price of the bag. Just in case that makes a dif to you. I hope this helps you! Good luck!

Welcome to the Purse Forum! :smile:

The giant hardware gives it a lot more bling and it's big. It also adds a lot of weight to the City and seems to me, to overpower it. I like it better on other styles and I think the City looks best with regular hardware and tassels. I :heart: my tassels on my City bags.

Hi SCM, welcome to tpf & the Bal thread. The Step is currently only available in regular hardware (RH). The City is available with SGH (silver) GGH (gold) & RH. Theres sooo much to choose from.. g:huh:d Luck! ;)

Hi SCM, welcome to the Bal forum! I'm a Bal newbie myself and have 2 with 1 on the way in RH ( I, too just started 2 months ago and now am up to 3!). I love the way the GH looks, especially the GGH but it's too blingy and heavy for me and it's just not me so I'm strictly a RH girl!:wlae: