Hard to fit foot-recommendations, please!

starletta8

Balenciaga Addict
Jun 15, 2006
Note: I only looked through the threads from last December until the present, so I am truly sorry if I missed something earlier than that on a pertinent related subject.

I am looking to start investing in my shoes, rather than paying $50 for something uncomfortable that I won't want to wear next season.

I have two major problems, though: my medical problems and shoe size. I'd love to have help from the resident shoe experts so I can stop looking cute until your eyereaches my shoes!

I'm looking for a comfortable pair of cute yet basic heels that meet the following characteristics:
1. Timeless
2. Comfortable
3. Sturdy. No stiletto heel since I often have balance issues due to my health. I need heels that feel like flats.
4. Will fit a wide foot. (Not just sort of wide. Very wide)
5. Looks like it was designed for someone not in orthopedics (which is the case with a ton of wide shoes).

I've been searching all over and have been empty handed. I've been looking at the Cole Haan Nike Air pumps, but the only ones I can smoosh my foot into are open-toed. That's not going to get very far this winter.

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for the suggestion. I've bought far too much from zappos to plead ignorance on them though. :smile:

I'm really hoping for some specific designer recommendations if anyone has any similiar foot issues.

OK, I've got a superwide foot. The first thing I keep on hand at all times is a shoe stretcher. I bought wooden ones on eBay. I have to stretch just about every shoe.

I'm not sure of your budget, but I have found that for super-wide feet, kitten heeled shoes with an open back work best. I have several pairs of Pradas that fit the bill. Also, I've found that suede is easier on the foot than regular leather. I often have the same good luck with Manolo Blahnik kitten heels. Hope that helps!

FWIW, Cole Haan G Series seems to run wider than the Air series, though they also have the air cushions built in. And if you can handle clogs with heels, a LOT of them seems to be very wide. (Big clog fan, here!)

Try Naturalizer or EasySpirit. They come in wide width and they're known as "comfy shoes." I would go with leather (because it stretches) in a low wedge or kitten heel...

Shoemall.com is worth checking out. They carry a lot of hard to find sizes and they have good sales!