Hard to find items and AmEx

my boyfriend has it - but, really, i've never been all that impressed with the concierge service, i've used them a couple of times. they can get you many things, but they are not going to get you any deals.
more than anything the card looks impressive. i'm going to have to read up on that travel insurance, though!

This is a bit off topic, but does anyone have the American Express Platinum/Centurion Card? I've heard their conceirge service is AMAZING. On the website, it says:

A Platinum Card Concierge located a bracelet a Card member had seen while on vacation in Rhodes, Greece-a town with more than 100 jewelry stores.

That is just for the Patinum card(which I should be receiving tomorrow or Tuesday latest). For the Centurion card, they can even let you shop at malls or stores after they have closed, among MANY other perks.

I was thinking this must be really convenient if AmEx could ship a Sophie to the US or locate bags in Canada that they out of in the US like the Damier Azur Speedy. Does anyone use this service?

So were you able to get the Sophie?

He's a guy I think. It was ANOTHER member who asked about getting the sophie.

Yea, It's for my friend. I called the concierge last night and the lady was really nice and professional. I told her it was only released in Hawaii and Japan. I don't know what exactly they are doing, but she said that the "research" would be complete and they call me some time before Thursday at 7:30; I'll definately let you guys know the outcome. Oh yea, also- what is the retail on the Sophie? I just want to make sure they arent going to rip me off and tell me that's the price. For some reason I want to say it was like around $420 with tax? I saw a receipt on ebay and that's what it looked like. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Every time we use the concierge service it is a frustratingly slow process. I don't think everyone working the concierge # is actually qualified to do much, it's pretty rare that we finish the call w/o me being stressed out. The last guy did help with a reservation that was supposedly impossible to get though.

I am so glad you said this, this has been our experience too....and I didn't want to be the spoil sport.

I gave up using the concierge, because usually I could do better far faster. JMHO

But the travel insurance and perks are incredible! One of the reasons I do use my luggage when I travel, it's covered ;)

Yea, It's for my friend. I called the concierge last night and the lady was really nice and professional. I told her it was only released in Hawaii and Japan. I don't know what exactly they are doing, but she said that the "research" would be complete and they call me some time before Thursday at 7:30; I'll definately let you guys know the outcome. Oh yea, also- what is the retail on the Sophie? I just want to make sure they arent going to rip me off and tell me that's the price. For some reason I want to say it was like around $420 with tax? I saw a receipt on ebay and that's what it looked like. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

It retails for $400 in Hawaii....plus tax.

DeluxeDuck, glad to know another Centurion card-holder in Australia. ;) I have to say I still mostly use the Visa Platinum though. The concierge service I find is the same for both platinum and black. Hardly use it at all.

DeluxeDuck, glad to know another Centurion card-holder in Australia. ;) I have to say I still mostly use the Visa Platinum though. The concierge service I find is the same for both platinum and black. Hardly use it at all.

i mostly use the concierge for plane, hotel and restaurant bookings. i just got the Centurion Compact travel magazine this morning. Tyler Brulé is the editior so it should be good :yes:

I heard from another forum that starting May 1st, centurion is no longer invite-only. Anyone can apply for one...because of all the press and rap songs, everyone knows about the black card. They cut back on concierge services too. It's just gonna be a status symbol now...ppl can flash their card to impress people...ppl who won't really use the benefits because they don't really have the $ or need to travel extensively...

$5000 initiation fee (used to be $0, but needed an invite)
$2500 annual fee thereafter (Used to be $100)

Anyhoo...with the influx of members I don't know if they'll be able to help as much with hard-to-find stuff...

Thank God i read this thread...

Hmm.. I might use the Concierge service to find the "birth of Modern Luxury Book" then and see what they turn up :yes:

DD and CC.. May i ask how much is your annual fee for the centurion card??

i'm a bit tight when i comes to annual fees as i get mine waived at the moment heheh

Update: i've just called concierge and they're gonna contact LV Paris to see if they can source my book hehehe

here ya go:

Centurion.jpg

and it's a personal card too

:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: --->:drool: :drool: --->WOW! you're the man Ducky!!! :wlae:

awwww.... now I'm so sad lol :crybaby: hmmm....for a lil taste of luxury, I'm gonna feel the computer screen where your card is now lol!!!

Thank God i read this thread...

Hmm.. I might use the Concierge service to find the "birth of Modern Luxury Book" then and see what they turn up :yes:

DD and CC.. May i ask how much is your annual fee for the centurion card??

i'm a bit tight when i comes to annual fees as i get mine waived at the moment heheh

Update: i've just called concierge and they're gonna contact LV Paris to see if they can source my book hehehe

I think the fee is AU$2800, get DD to confirm, it's charged to the card anyway, I don't look at the statement, I might die of shock. :lol: I've just cancelled it btw. Hubby still has his though.