Hard, painful pimples...

1. Hey everybody :smile:

Wanted to know if any of you have experience with this. At times (usually before my period and during hot spells) I get very hard, painful pimples, usually on my right cheek kinda by my nose and under my bottom lip on the left side.

This may be gross - but I have to admit that I'm a pimple popper and that I attempt to pop these at times, but they won't pop. ONE (only once) did I pop (lance) it with a needle - and it worked. Didn't leave a scab or anything, like it would if I had just attempted it with my fingers. I know that it can't possibly be good to do it with a needle, that's why I haven't done it since then.

For those of you that have these types of pimples, what do you do to get them to go away? I just bought a Clinique Night Solutions Acne Treatment Gel to use on my face before I go to bed - and that seems to work pretty good. The pimple has since then gotten noticeably smaller and should be gone within a day or two (I have only been using the gel for 2 days! lol)

So...what do you do?
  2. I get those, they are the worst and take FOREVER to go away on there own. The only thing that works for me is a very mild acid peel solution.
    I searched online and bought a 20% AHA which doesn't peel my whole face off. I get mild flaking, but it seems to close up my pores and really shrinks up the big ones quickly.
  3. I call them inside-out zits. They hurt like hell and I leave them alone, but I'm a popper-squeezer too. I just don't want to risk a huge infection on my face, especially my nose-besides,they hurt too much to even touch!
  4. those really hurt. and they are just like little red bumps. i say try proactiv's mask, and just put a dot in the pimple.
  5. Somewhere online I read about a little device -- you hold it on the zit for a moment several times a day -- it applies heat waves that kill the bacteria and make the zit heal. Wish I could remember the name of it. It was a sidebar in a feature about facial lazers. It is designed espacially for inflamed pimples, not whiteheads or blackheads.
  6. yeah, unfortunately i get those kinda pimples just before my period. i hate the feeling of it being there. if i can't pop it, i will just put ice over it or aloe vera gel to smoothe the swelling. i do use proactiv and benzac as well, they work fine.
  7. ZENO!!!:yahoo:

they sell it on sephora too...it's a GREAT device...a little pricey but it seriously works. mainly for an "oncoming" zit...i don't know it would work for this kind of zit though!
  8. it's called a cyst isn't it?
  9. You could hot-pack it. Get a clean wash-cloth and put hot water on it and place it on the zit- it might kinda bring it to a head. Ugh.. I don't miss those zits!! :
  10. When I used to get those cysts, I did the opposite of Megs - I put ice in a baggie and it helped with the swelling of the zit. I also took ibuprofen to help with the swelling.

I heard that Queen Helene Mint Julep mask works also.
  11. omg I hav eone of those on my chin right now and it feels like a rock almost, like solid.

Thank you so much for posting as I was wondering the same thing. I'm also a big face picked not just the zits but also the skin tissue afterwards
  12. Ooh I hate those. My derma calls them cystic pimples. I used to get them a lot - always on my chin. Since I started using a 5% glycolic cream, my skin has turned around 90%. I still get occasional zits every now and then but they arent cystic anymore. HTH.:flowers:
  13. Thank you everybody!

I have started using Clinique's night time treatment gel, and that has seemed to help make the pimple get smaller (and get rid of my other pimples!).

I'm going to look into the Zeno :smile: I've seen it in Cosmo before, but I just blew it off as BS...Kinda like those breast/penis (for men) enlarging pills. But if ya say it works, then it wouldn't hurt to look into it!
  14. I had one that kept popping up in the same place every so often. I got so sick of it!! I went to my dermatologist & she gave me a shot/injection right into the affected area. I think it was some kind of steroid. Anyways, it went away within 36 hours.

That was like 3 years ago & since then, if I even just "feel" one of those zits coming on, then I immediately top it with a 10% salicylic acid cream & at night I put neosporin on it. It never gets huge like before.
  15. the shot your dermo injected was a cortisone shot that reduces swelling