Happy CINCO DE MAYO!!

1. :drinks: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. yyyyyyyyyeah everyone have a great one! with that PLUS the big fight it's gonna be a heckuv an evening!!!

3. I will definitely be partaking in the Cinco de Mayo festivities! :drinkup: :drinks: I'm Cuban, that's close enough :p

4. I like Cinco de Mayo. My BF's Spanish, so we're headed to a street festival fair type thingie later tonight!

:wlae:

5. Feliz Cinco de Mayo para todos!!!

6. Happy 5 de mayo para todos!!!

7. V I V A !!!

:party:

8. All right, class. And who can tell me what we celebrate on 5 de Mayo?

Now off to google, those inclined, and yes, I do know, but it would hardly be courteous of me to deprive you all of the pleasure of reading all about it for yourselves!

I will be checking answers very carefully, but the fight festivities may go late, so you have until tomorrow.
    :wlae:

9. It's not Mexican Independence Day, as most of us think :nuts:

To me, it's "drink lots of Corona with lime" day :graucho:

10. Shimma, wasn't it to celebrate Mexico's victory in some sort of battle {against the French}?

{SEE? That's my answer without googling it.}

Happy Cinco de Mayo, Ladies {and Gents}!

11. Happy Cinco de Mayo. My husband's mom is Mexican and I really should have paid attention when they told me this BUT...I think it was a battle against the French who had put Maximillian in power? You see you should listen to your mother in law, I could have actually gotton this right here.

12. More like Happy Cinco de Drinko hahahahaha

13. for those that want to know: http://www.mexonline.com/cinco-de-mayo.htm

The holiday of Cinco De Mayo, The 5th Of May, commemorates the victory of the Mexican militia over the French army at The Battle Of Puebla in 1862.

14. I think I might have to take the kiddies over to Rubio's for dinner and have a Corona.......good thing it's in walking distance so I won't be driving!!

15. It's funny how it's not a major holiday in Mexico. Maybe in Puebla, but the rest of Mexico just goes on and watches Americans celebrate. When I studied in MX, people wondered why we celebrated Cinco de Mayo more than they did.
    I like an excuse to have a beer or two, so I don't care! :happydance: