Hannibal Rising

1. Has anyone seen this yet? I was a bit surprised that they decided to do a prequel ... I guess the whole Hannibal Lecter franchise must be making a lot of money. I don't know if the guy who plays young Hannibal can live up to Anthony Hopkin's protrayal of Hannibal though ...

Can those who had seen this give your input on this? I'm curious.
  2. Hi!

I saw this the other nite!

3. hmm- Silence of the Lambs is one of my favorite movies, and it manages to be scary simply with the story line. From the previews, it seems this new one relies more on gore, which I can't stomach.
  4. I agree! I don't think I can handle this movie...
  5. hmm, I don't watch 'scary' movies, however I really like the other hannibal movies, so I'll definitely see this.
  6. I agree completely. The best "scary" movies are the psychological thrillers that frighten you with mindtricks and twisty plotlines, not disgusting scenes of people eating brains, etc.

The original "Silence of the Lambs" was fabulous AND scary. The others were just gross. I think I'll skip the newest Hannibal flick... or at best, wait till it comes to DVD.
  7. lots of blood. :smile:
  8. I'd read the book, but I'm too much of a weenie to see something like this in the theatres.

Maybe if I were safe at home in the afternoon with all the lights on, I'd consider watching it.

9. Haha, me too... Netflix it is! :graucho:
  10. i didnt think it was so scary or gory (saw1-3 and hostel are way more bloody)

personally i think it refelected more on his past and coming to terms with dealing with his abuse and trauma...great movie and i highly recomend it.
  11. God the guy who plays young Hannibal is HOT!
  12. aw i want to see it!
  13. I agree, did anyone see Seven? yeuch!!!!
  14. you are so right. but i can't see this movie. it will make me paranoid about super hot boys. *sweats*

15. ^^ Ha! I think his evil side adds to his appeal....:graucho: