'Hand' bags with straps what is your opinion?

?

Straps on hand held bags?

1. Love it!

2. Only once in awhile

3. Not for me, but ok on others

4. Hate it!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Well, I have never been a huge speedy fan, partly because I like shoulder bags better.

I was lucky to snag a strap for my new toledo blue 35.

Also I was looking at the Epi Riviera, which is a hand bag too, but my SA said alot of people use a strap with it. She pointed out even corporate was getting the message, people like shoulder straps...that's why the cruise cabas has one.

How do you feel about straps on a handbag?

2. I don't know if I would buy a strap for my Speedy. But it might work for others.

3. I don't know...it looks okay on some people, but I can't stand it because it looks so odd IMO! If you can take the handles off the bag, then sure, but I cannot imagine wearing my Jasmin or Sarria mini with a strap because the handles hanging off the side seem so out of place!

4. I love shoulder bags as well but it never crossed my mind to put a shoulder strap on a hand-held bag. I think it would look weird on me.

5. Its no big deal to me, if it feels/looks weird then do w/o the shoulder strap. On the other hand I'm sure having a spare strap tucked in your bag is useful when you need your hands to be free.

Sports bags (I think they are called duffel bags) can have handles and a shoulder strap and they don't look odd.

6. I think there's a purpose behind the design for a "handbag" and I think they should be left as that in my opinion. When you add a strap on it, it takes away some of the appeal, for instance imagine the Manhattan PM/GM with a strap on it? It would add to much to it...

7. Agreed!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

8. Keepalls have straps and handles....and speedy is basically a smaller version...just something I thought about.

9. weird IMO

10. i don't get why most people love it..maybe gotta change my view a bit here :smile:

11. I think on the poll "hate it" is running almost neck and neck with "love it" now.

12. Doesn't the stephen have both handles and a cross body strap? :shrugs:

13. True... but I think there's more of a practical purpose for luggage having both. With something small like a purse, no real need IMO, and at the same time, the busy-ness of having both stands out more..

Also, not all Keepalls come with straps.

Ash

14. never ...

15. i think that the only time i would throw a strap on a handbag is when i am shopping and really need my hands free. (when shopping gets out of control!) i could see throwing a strap on the bag to make life easier- but then taking it off when i'm done. keeping a strap inside the bag for just those emergencies is something i would consider.