Hampstead owners please reply, please...

1. So ive decided that my next purchase would be the Hampstead...i know it's not that popular but i'm really really taken by the gold plaque plus the fact that it's low maintenance....so my questions are:

What size is good for a 5'3 frame?
    What are the pros and cons of this bag?
    Are the edges really sharp?
    Thanks for all your output! ;)
  2. I'm 5'4" and I got the PM. I think it's just right for my frame. I never really noticed the sharp edges. The only (small) thing I don't like about this bag is when I'm carrying it on my shoulder, I can't toss it towards my back instead of tucked in between my arm and body. It's a little stiff so I don't think it's meant to be carried that way. I think it's a really classy bag and it's really low maintenance.
  3. my mom just picked up the hampstead mm today and she loves it... (she returned the berverly gm she got this past sat. cause it was too big for her)... she is just under 5 ft.. the bag looks good on her and bittenbybagbug is right, its alittle stiff but it seems to fit nicely when worn on the shoulder... plenty of room on the inside... it really is a lovely bag... :tup:
  4. I have the mm size, I think thats a great size. It is a nice tote, it squeeks though, the handles make noise as they rub together. It doesnt have a zippered top, I dont know if that botters you, doesnt bother me. I love the lining and the gold plaque. It is Damier which is no vachetta. It is very structured if you like that type of bag, no sag or slouch like the speedy.
  5. I have the MM for my work bag and I love it.
    It's nice as a hand held tote or can go on the shoulder.
    I don't find it stiff or even notice the corners, also I like how it looks like a different bag once you do up the side buttons. It's a great, easy to use bag.:tup:
  6. I don't have it but I tried on the MM and loved it!! The pm is harder to get on your shoulder and I want to be able to use this bag in the winter over my coat. I also love the gold plaque. This is going to be my next purchase.
  7. I think it's very pretty and I have the pm and mm on my list to try on at the end of the month.
  8. I have the GM, but then again, we all know I love big bags. It is and has been my favorite bag now for quite some time.
  9. I am 5'2" and have the MM, perfect size! =)
  10. Why do you say that it isn't popular? I think it is a great bag and I can't wait to get one!
  11. Wow! thanks for your responses! i didn't think its that popular because it doesn't seemed to be talked about that much here that i was beginning to wonder if its only me who's liking it!
    i am supposed to buy a neverfull but ive been waitlisted forever that im beginning to lose interest in it and i had vanchetta problems with my BH which makes me think i can't really handle something with vanchetta handles...
    Thanks again everyone!!!