Haley Joel Osmet in alcohol related car crash

1. Aww, I remember when he was the cute little kid in The Sixth Sense.

LA CANADA FLINTRIDGE, Calif. (July 20, 2006) -- Actor Haley Joel Osment was hospitalized early Thursday after he apparently lost control of his car while heading to his Los Angeles area home, authorities said.

An LA County Sheriff's Department official tells Access Hollywood that they suspect alcohol was involved in the collision involving Haley Joel Osment early today. A blood sample was obtained after the young actor was taken to Pasadena's Huntington Memorial Hospital this morning. The sample will be tested and results will be known within three weeks. If alcohol was indeed a factor, they will take the case to the District Attorney for prosecution. The sample will also be tested for the presence of drugs.

Requests for a statement by Access to Osment's manager have not yet been returned.

Osment, who was nominated for an Academy Award for his role as a boy who could see dead people in "The Sixth Sense," was driving a 1995 Saturn about 1 a.m. when the car collided with a brick pillar and flipped, said Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Greg Sisneros.

The 18-year-old actor was awake and talking following the crash, Sisneros said. He had been alone in the car and was taken to Huntington Hospital in nearby Pasadena.

Sisneros had no information on his condition, and an emergency-room receptionist said no one under that name was at the hospital.

Osment is set to appear in the upcoming "Home of the Giants."

2. Why was he driving a 1995 Saturn????

3. Oh, the hollywood child star pitfalls.I was really hoping he'd at least break the sad endings of most child actors because he actually seems like a down to earth kid from interviews that i've seen of his.This is really sad to hear, sounds like the beginnings of bigger problem, but let's hope it's not something bigger.:sad:

4. sparkle that is my reaction too! he must have been drunk to be driving that car with all the money his movie's grossed! geesh!

5. I am glad he is ok! But it is really sad though, I agree with hellosunshine, I though he would break the curse of the Child Hollywood stars! Hopefully he gets better, and out of trouble.

6. All the best to him

7. Forget the blood test. How about a test that measures his level of sanity when choosing to drive a 1995 Saturn?

8. what??? he's 18 now... oh god.. i AM old. i remember he was small and the kid on billy elliot too, he's now all grown up

9. this happened just about 3 - 4 miles from me. pretty sad.

10. woow bagnshoofetish, YOU WERE THERE???

11. oh heck no! I was fast asleep. it happened in the weee morning hours.

12. Lol