Hair Help ASAP!

I had long, long hair...and then fried it...and had to cut it off to save it...and I have had short hair ever since. That was 5 years ago! I started saving my hair's sanity by using only semi perm hair color, and making a pact to only dry/style it when I have to (fancy event, etc). And when I do dry it, I air dry it 90% of the way if I have time. My hair is a LOT happier these days!

I got it relaxed last week, my stylist blew it out so I had it that way for a few days and since then I have been wearing it curly... I am miserable ...

I think until I go on my vacation I will wear it curly , and I plan on doing a hair masque once a week until then ( Nexxus)

I got it relaxed last week, my stylist blew it out so I had it that way for a few days and since then I have been wearing it curly... I am miserable ...

I think until I go on my vacation I will wear it curly , and I plan on doing a hair masque once a week until then ( Nexxus)

i think thats a good idea...i definatly think you should just wear it curly and dont mess with it alot...and do hair masques and conditioning treatments.

and i wouldnt color or do anything else to your hair for a while.

here are some thing i would recommend using on your hair for a while...and during your vacation.

http://www.aveda.com/templates/products2/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY10531&PRODUCT_ID=PROD9029
this is a treatment and they also have a shampoo and conditioner that is amazing! I love aveda i worked for an aveda salon for 5 years and they make some really amazing stuff.

http://www.redken.com/products/displayProduct.cfm?p=683

thanks for the product advice

I should note, that I am not going somewhere hot and humid...it's going to be pretty cold but still damp.

I will leave it be for the next few weeks, no matter how much it pains me. I suaully find that if I leave it curly for a bit , then straighten it that it looks soooo good the first few times.

thanks for the product advice

I should note, that I am not going somewhere hot and humid...it's going to be pretty cold but still damp.

I will leave it be for the next few weeks, no matter how much it pains me. I suaully find that if I leave it curly for a bit , then straighten it that it looks soooo good the first few times.

i would say wear it curly for a couple months and get a really good hair cut...even though you dont want to i definatly recommend getting all of the damage off and starting some what fresh...i dont know how long your hair is but cutting a couple inches off will probally be best and it will grow alot faster if you get all of the damanged ends off.

^ I agree that you should get a good hair cut. Grin and bear it. :P Hair grows..it's not like shaving your head. It's just cutting off a few inches so you have much healthier hair. Think about it this way, if you grow your hair out, your split ends will continue to split even MORE. Once you leave your split ends to grow they will just continue splitting all the way to the scalp. Then what happens? If you want to cut off all the yucky split ends..um, what do you cut off? All of your hair?? I'm sure you would rather cut your hair now then let it grow out than have a head full of split ends, right?

You are really right girls and I will do that as soon as I get back....there is more to the story but on this trip I have to be looking my best ;)

well have fun on your trip and until you go try and take it easy on your hair so when your on your trip your hair will look better and when you get back....take the plunge and get it cut!

Get thee to www.ouidad.com posthaste. Ouidad salon specializes in curly hair. The product you must have is Curl Control, which you can use to blow out straight or to help keep your curls manageable.

If you decided to just stay curly, John Frieda makes a product called Dream Curls that gives them definition.

Good luck.