Hair Extensions, Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had bonded extensions when i had about 1/8th of my hair removed for a surgery i needed. i only got the extensions to even out the bulk of my hair, not for length. i hated how my hair felt having so much on one side and barely any on the other, so i got 1 set of natural hair (i believe just one) bonded into mine and it was 400$ not including tip. So everything was ok, they looked great and natural, but i thought they were a pain in the butt because they had to be dried immidiately because water was bad for the bonds. also because when my hair started to grow they started to get matted and it felt horrible. i had to have them taken out after about 1.5 to 2 months because i couldnt stand it. they came out quickly and it was easy to comb out tangles... i didnt notice any damage at all.
i would only do them like that again if i absolutely needed it, like i did then, not for purely aesthetic purposes.

maybe this is a weird question, but does anyone know how strong the js ones are? like will they fall out and stuff? im dying to try them but i'm petrified that somebody is going to grab my hair and rip them out. plus i would die if my bf touched my hair and could make them fall. :shame:

I have clip in hair extensions, they're really easy to use!

i'v had to gradually cut my hair shorter and shorter due to over using straightners and dying it all the time, so extensions have been a god send! I dont use them everyday, but it means i can do lots of different things with me hair, either wearing it shoulder length or down my back.

I'd get some if i was you!

About 5 months ago, i got hair extensions weaved into my hair... i`m not going to say it was the worst thing i've ever done, but it sure wasn't the best. Not at all what i thought it would be. I needed 4 tracks since my hair was short... and i had terrible headaches for about a week because the braids were so tight. And since my hair is wavy, i have to say that after i washed my hair it did look better, but like i said.. nothing like what i imagined. Also, it's hard to wash it "properly", since the tracks are in the way. And when i finally took them out.. because i couldn't take it anymore, alot of my hair fell out.. esp where the rubberbands were.

NOW, i use clip-ons. BEST THING EVER. i totally recommend it. you can take them out whenever you want, and they totally stay on during the day/night. I've been wanting to try the JS ones, but as of right now, i've been buying the hair from a beauty supply.. real hair of course, and i super glue the track to the clips which are also sold there.

hope this helps ;)

As I mentioned earlier in a previous post, I purchased the JS Synthetic ones and they are going up on eBay. I went through 2 colors, the first was too light and the next color up was too dark. I wanted so much to like them but they have a "barbie" doll look to them that I just can't get over. They also seem to get frizzy and tangle very easily. I'm certain that after they are washed they'll never look the same. Perhaps the straight ones are better? (Mine are wavy)

And perhaps the human hair ones are better, they probably are. (and the color choice is better than the synthetic ones).

All in all, I'd say these are a miss.

maybe this is a weird question, but does anyone know how strong the js ones are? like will they fall out and stuff? im dying to try them but i'm petrified that somebody is going to grab my hair and rip them out. plus i would die if my bf touched my hair and could make them fall. :shame:

They stay in very well. I can brush them while they are clipped in and they don't even budge. The only bad thing about them is if you wear them for long periods of time your scalp gets kinda sore.

thats me with and without extensions..what do you think?

its 100% european hair and really easy to put in. its called tape on and off system by haircontrast. :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_2125.jpg
    IMG_2125.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 684
  • IMG_2464.jpg
    IMG_2464.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 695
I have had hair extensions weaved into my hair. My hair is on the medium side (a little below the shoulders) and you would never have been able to tell I had them! You get used to the heaviness of it all and the headache goes away after a day or two. However if your hair is really short they would probably have to be layered and have more rows and all of that sort of thing.

One con tho- when I cut them out, it's very difficult to wash ur scalp with them it so it was pretty gross the first wash after.

heres pictures of with and without! They're not the best pictures but I hope this helps you!

before
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i130/isabee16/Pictures058.jpghttp://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i130/isabee16/2.jpg

after
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i130/isabee16/DSCN1368.jpg

OH and use real hair. its about 150 bucks and it lasts up to 6 months and stays shiny and doesnt tangle!

If you go to a salon its gonna be pretty expensive, perhaps find someone who does it out of their house or something. Its so much cheaper

I would recommend you get clip-ons. One of my friends got the kind that they glue onto your hair and it was hell taking them out. Her hair broke in all the wrong places (where she had the glue), lots of her natural hair fell off and never mind all the pulling she had to endure. I would make a horrid stylist LOL. But really, the tangling and the knots she had from the glue could not have been avoided even by the best Hollywood stylist.

I install hair extensions in my salon and do a variety of methods. There are certain reprecusions to all types of extensions. Yes, they are maintenance and yes they can be expensive. That is something that you sign up for from the beginning. When installed PROPERLY your hair will actually be longer and healthier than it was before the installation. Also, one must maintain the extensions PROPERLY. Contrary to another post, if you purchase high quality hair and have an experienced technician the hair can be re-installed for up to a year. You see, this maintainance is where I hit snags! It is NOT your real hair....will never be your real hair and must be taken care of. One must use the proper cleansing, conditioning and styling products. One must dry and style them properly, one must take care in brushing and so forth.
If you're not up to the challenge I would suggest a temporary integration system like the Jessica Simpson Hair-U-Wear. Do be careful as the "sore scalp" someone mentioned earlier is one of the downfalls of those types of systems. It can cause tension alopecia if worn too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.