Hair Color Help

1. Hi. I'm new here and New To hair coloring. I used Loreal Preference 6 1/2G Lightest Golden Brown. My hair naturally is dark brown with a reddish tint, so it turned a lighter reddish brown and I liked it. But Now I want to go a bit lighter and I'm not sure which color to get. I've gone to a few beauty stores in my area and they seem to be pretty clueless. Any suggestions?

I want to go from this:
    [​IMG]

To This:
    [​IMG]

2. Color does not lift color. Unless you lighten it by bleaching it (highlights or a bleach wash) or strip the color out! :yes:

3. I think the only way you will get the results you want is to go to a professional colorist who knows what they are doing. You have beautiful hair and it would be a shame to mess it up. I have done far to many bad color jobs on my hair in the past that I now only let a professional do my hair.

4. Definitely go to a professional who has experience working with African hair. You will probably have to strip some of the pigment from your hair so it goes lighter. I don't think it will have to be bleached dramatically, but it will have to be bleached a bit. And since red pigment is what is naturally present under dark hair, you may have to get a toner put in or some colour to make it brown.