Haggling over H Items -- is it ever done?

I actually got called back yesterday by a salesperson from H asking if I was still interested in purchasing the scarves (with corporate discount) which I asked them about several weeks ago!! Of course I had to decline politely, and was told that they could maybe 'consider' the discount further...

This was a call back from an entirely different branch, I assume. Some nice SAs from H in NYC have returned my calls inquiring about other small items.

If Bee did buy the birkin and put in on ebay, maybe she'd be doing everyone a favor? At least then all the ladies who wanted that color would have a chance at getting it!

If Bee did buy the birkin and put in on ebay, maybe she'd be doing everyone a favor? At least then all the ladies who wanted that color would have a chance at getting it!

That is however not the way most of us see it. It robs the next person on the waitlist the complete experience of receiving a H bag from the store. H crocs are only offered to customers to reward them for their patronage and loyalty. I don't wish to comment on resellers, because that is a parallel business altogether and it should not be confused with this.

Hi, may I ask how your friend gets her corporate discount? Did she only need to show her Goldman Sachs badge to the salesperson? Did she go to the Tiffany's on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan. Thanks.

Neither of us bought anything that day, so I don't know what's actually involved (i.e. verification of employment, etc.). But, I'd imagine there's some kind of form you'll have to fill out from Goldman.

Also, as an aside, I got an email from a tPFer in response to my prior post telling me that they know ppl who have gotten discounts at Chanel. Without going into more detail, I am personally aware of these discounts. I was just saying that I am probably not going to get a "corporate" discount because a law firm means nothing to Chanel. I suppose it's just a matter of using the right words. My SA would laugh at me if I ask for a "corporate" discount, but would not otherwise be opposed to giving me a discount.

i guess it depends on the supply and demand. if a store has one on stock and there is no waiting list...im sure it will be put on the shelf (check inventory thread) and everyone is welcome to buy it (matte croc et al). esp here in the states, no strong demand for exotics.

Hmmmm...............I might try this next time I go in. Ideally it will go like this:

Me: May I have a look at that Croc Birkin please?
SA: Most certainly Cal. May I just say that you're looking exceptionally fabulous today.
Me: *blush*
SA: *giggle*
Me: Oh yes, this is beautiful and would look great in my *cough* collection. May I ask the price?
SA: 14 Gagillion Dollars.
Me: Hmmmm.....how about $500, a pack of gum, my kids and my nice Tiffany keychain *wiggles keychain in front of SA*
SA: Throw in that Juicebox that your kid is holding and you've got a deal.
Me: Done! Wrap it up.
SA: Excellent! Did I mention how fabulous you look today?
Me: Yes you did. Can I have your belt?
SA: No.
Me: It was worth a try.

Falling over in my seat! :roflmfao: