H Store in St. Barths- Comments Please...

I was in St Barths on 1/11 but there was nothing I wanted. I asked for a K or a B and they had nothing. Also, prices are in euros so everything I spotted appeared higher than in US. I did stop at Cartier and noted their prices in USD were also higher. I ended up buying some nice clothes there instead, stuff I can't find in the US.
I think Hermes was the only store which we were never greeted with 'bonjour'.

Thanks for the report. I hope you had a great trip! Sorry you couldn't get what you wanted.

So sad to be back ladies but did manage 3 visits to the boutique! It is a lovely 2 story store and the help is very pleasant and speaks English well enough to communicate easily.

As to stock, lots of silks, new season GMs and lots of lovely mousselines. More than I have ever seen in any boutique in US, Europe or Asia. They had tons of belts straps and belt kits including lots of gorgeous exotic straps, fuchsia and amethyst, to name two. They had a very good selection of non exotics in new colors such as bleu galice/ white...a really gorgeous teal color! As for wallets and small leather goods, I was offered various colors and leathers of wallets that I was asking about (they had Dogons and Kellys, no Bearns), but nothing I was looking for. There were lots of bags on the shelves, but no B, K or Lindy. I did ask about a Lindy and was offered, but not in a color I wanted. I did not ask about B or K because I wasn't in the market for one right now but there was another customer there who was buying a B, I think it was gold. Lots of KD bracelets but no CDCs in any leather at all. SA said they were wiped out over Christmas and they were hoping for a shipment soon.

As to price, given the dollar/Euro exchange rate, the prices there were just slightly below NYC prices when you include tax. I believe that the prices were consistent with the rest of the Eurozone but no VAT refunds for foreign buyers.

Anyway, lovely shop to visit, beautiful island, friendly people, great shopping and food, all top notch!

Headed to St. Barts next month and can't wait to visit the Hermes store there. Has anyone been there lately? Any B/K being offered? Hoping to get a bright colored on this trip.

This is an amazing Hermes store. The staff is so warm and customer service is exceptional. Also their stock is amazing, lots of belts (which was impossible to find in the US), leather, jewelry. They even had 1 Kelly and 1 Birkin.

Agree with above. Enjoyed my time here so much. Warm, attentive staff. Beautiful items...I have had the good fortune to work again with Tupaha here. Got to take a blue lin Kelly out for a look, but it's just not my bag. Amazing selection of belts, slg, jewelry and I scored a new bikini, as you may expect they get many colorful resort items first. Who can resist a bright orange bikini on vacation? There is even a carbon fiber Hermes bike, which my husband coveted.

Anyone been to St. Barths lately? I'm thinking of going in late May or June but unsure whether it's a good idea.. Thank you so much in advance for any input.

I was just at the St Barths store a couple weeks ago. Although I got a gorgeous exotic wallet and some great silks, they did not have any birkin or kelly.

I was in the store three times during my vacation, and never saw anyone luck out with a birkin or kelly. Lots of people buying bracelets and other bags, though.

But in any case, St. Barts is a very beautiful island, so you cannot go wrong visiting there!

I was just at the St Barths store a couple weeks ago. Although I got a gorgeous exotic wallet and some great silks, they did not have any birkin or kelly.

I was in the store three times during my vacation, and never saw anyone luck out with a birkin or kelly. Lots of people buying bracelets and other bags, though.

But in any case, St. Barts is a very beautiful island, so you cannot go wrong visiting there!

This! St. Barths is worth a visit for itself! The fact that there is an Hermes boutique is just a bonus. (The staff there is very, very nice and, especially if you have a real interest in the brand, they will spend oodles of time with you.)

Anyone been to St. Barths lately? I'm thinking of going in late May or June but unsure whether it's a good idea.. Thank you so much in advance for any input.

Hi! St Bart's is awesome and the H there is wonderful! I have been the last 2 Januarys and both times have gotten some great items! Just be aware that they close seasonally so you should check that out.